??CHCH COOKBOOK -> FISH/SEAFOOD RECIPES??

fastlanenz, Mar 6, 8:26am
x1
Hi there, do you have an original and popular fish or seafood dish on this MB?If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch?

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe ... the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself ... and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book ....

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat (pixiegirl) & Andrea (fastlanenz)

wellyamerican, Mar 6, 8:40pm
x1
I have a recipe I would like to share, although I have never posted it on the MB before. It is not copied from anywhere and is something I have served guests many times and they in turn have taken home the recipe.

Seafood Alfredo Sauce
To be served with pasta, or over a steak for Surf and Turf

1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Cups Cream
1 Cup Grated Cheese
6 egg yolks
1/2 kilo of mixed seafood...prawn/shrimp/fish/mu-
ssels, etc

Heat milk and cream till it begins to simmer. Turn of heat and slowly whip in cheese. Place egg yolks in a seperate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk/cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mix to remaining cream mixture. Place back on a low heat and continually stir till simmering. Take sauce of heat so that it thickens.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over your favorite pasta, or steak.

I'm sure once you have tried this dish, it will become a fav
Mrs Welly

pixiegirl, Mar 6, 10:26pm
Many thanks Mrs Welly

wellyamerican, Mar 7, 12:37am
Your welcome, I hope your able to use it :)

pixiegirl, Mar 7, 2:35am
If you would like you can contact me through facebook and send your recipes that way.This is the link to the Trademe facebook page.I am Pat and you can send me either a message or friend request - I have pic of my little kunekune pig on my profile so pretty easy to find.

Sorry link didn't work but just type TradeMe Cooks in the search and it should come up

fastlanenz, Mar 7, 8:26am
Hi there, do you have an original and popular fish or seafood dish on this MB!If you do, would you consider sharing the recipe in our upcoming TM Recipe Book to fundraise for assistance to those in Christchurch!

As pickles has kindly reminded us, these must be YOUR recipes to give, and even better, if you could tell us a wee story about the history of the recipe . the history can add so much meaning to the recipe itself . and to our TM community too! Please do add confirmation that this recipe is able to be shared in the fundraising book .

Thanks in advance for your support, Pat (pixiegirl) & Andrea (fastlanenz)

wellyamerican, Mar 7, 8:40pm
I have a recipe I would like to share, although I have never posted it on the MB before. It is not copied from anywhere and is something I have served guests many times and they in turn have taken home the recipe.

Seafood Alfredo Sauce
To be served with pasta, or over a steak for Surf and Turf

1 1/2 Cups Milk
1 1/2 Cups Cream
1 Cup Grated Cheese
6 egg yolks
1/2 kilo of mixed seafood.prawn/shrimp/fish/mu-
ssels, etc

Heat milk and cream till it begins to simmer. Turn of heat and slowly whip in cheese. Place egg yolks in a seperate bowl and slowly whip in a portion of the hot milk/cream mixture. Slowly add egg yolk mix to remaining cream mixture. Place back on a low heat and continually stir till simmering. Take sauce of heat so that it thickens.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve over your favorite pasta, or steak.

I'm sure once you have tried this dish, it will become a fav
Mrs Welly

pixiegirl, Mar 8, 2:35am
If you would like you can contact me through facebook and send your recipes that way.This is the link to the Trademe facebook page.I am Pat and you can send me either a message or friend request - I have pic of my little kunekune pig on my profile so pretty easy to find.

Sorry link didn't work but just type TradeMe Cooks in the search and it should come up

macandrosie, Mar 12, 9:20am
Blue Cod Curry Pots
20mls oil
1 red onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp green curry paste
½-1 tsp turmeric
2 tsp minced ginger
2 tsp lemon grass root, pounded in a mortar
1 tin coconut cream
1 tsp coriander
1 tab fish sauce
¼ tsp red chilli powder
¼ finely diced red pepper
800gr blue cod fillets cut into large chunks
Finely cut coriander to garnish
Heat oil, add onion & garlic & sweat for 5 mins or till tender. Add green curry paste, lemon grass, chilli powder , coriander & ginger cooking for another minute, stir with wooden spoon. Pour in coconut milk& add red pepper & allow to simmer gently for 10-15 mins. (If it reduces too quickly you can add some additional milk or cream) Add fish to pan & simmer for 5 mins until cooked. Add fish sauce.
Serve on top of jasmine rice & sprinkle with chopped coriander.

pixiegirl, Mar 12, 11:56pm
Thank you for that - has been transferred across for saving.

buzzy110, Mar 13, 2:12am
Hi pixiegirl. I have a recipe I'd like to donate here. I made it up but don't feel like posting here because of that other site that copies recipes. I know the first part of your e-mail addy but cannot remember your server.

I am not a member of the facebook site and I doubt that I'd be allowed to join anyway so cannot post it there.

teddy147, Mar 13, 2:21am
tarn's smoked fish pie
1 whole smoked kawai or other fish
small bunch of parsley
2 cups wilted spinach
4 cups milk
3 tablespoons plain four
5-6 large potato's
1 cup grated cheese
2 hard boiled eggs
2 lemons black peeper
3 tablspoons butter.

flake fish and set aside in a large and deep baking dish.
make a parsley sauce , heat 3 cups of the milk add 1 tablsoon of butter, chopped parsley once hot mix flour and remaining milk and add to pot, stir until thick.
mashed the cooked potatos with the remaining butter, add grated lemon zest of lemons and juice of 1,black pepper to taste.
pour sauce over fish, layer with egg slices and spinach dizzle over juice of 1 lemon.
cover with potato mixture and cheese. bake for 1 hr on 170.
serve with brocli and carrotts.

pixiegirl, Mar 13, 7:58pm
buzzy you have mail.
Many thanks teddy147 for your contribution.

pixiegirl, Mar 13, 10:32pm
buzzy it is at the "more than enough" place.

buzzy110, Mar 14, 2:12am
Hi pixiegirl. I have a recipe I'd like to donate here. I made it up but don't feel like posting here because of that other site that copies recipes. I know the first part of your e-mail addy but cannot remember your server.

I am not a member of the facebook site and I doubt that I'd be allowed to join anyway so cannot post it there.

teddy147, Mar 14, 2:21am
tarn's smoked fish pie
1 whole smoked kawai or other fish
small bunch of parsley
2 cups wilted spinach
4 cups milk
3 tablespoons plain four
5-6 large potato's
1 cup grated cheese
2 hard boiled eggs
2 lemons black peeper
3 tablspoons butter.

flake fish and set aside in a large and deep baking dish.
make a parsley sauce , heat 3 cups of the milk add 1 tablsoon of butter, chopped parsley once hot mix flour and remaining milk and add to pot, stir until thick.
mashed the cooked potatos with the remaining butter, add grated lemon zest of lemons and juice of 1,black pepper to taste.
pour sauce over fish, layer with egg slices and spinach dizzle over juice of 1 lemon.
cover with potato mixture and cheese. bake for 1 hr on 170.
serve with brocli and carrotts.