beef corned silverside...How to????

steph25, Mar 9, 12:40am
my mum isnt home and she is my normally the person isak for cooking help. I have completely forgotten what to do what corned silverside i know you boil it? that about it. lol I have only ever made this once and it was a long time ago. can someone help me? ? please thank you so much.

olwen, Mar 9, 12:44am
Cover with water add a tablespoon of golden syrup, and a tablespoon of vinegar. A few whole peppercorns and a few whole cloves. Bring to the boil then lower the heat until the water barely moves. Cook about 3 hours.

sooseque, Mar 9, 12:45am
Into water, all or any of the following, a slosh of vinegar, a few peppercorns, a spoonful of golden syrup, a bay leaf, then when cooked make a mustard sauce.

steph25, Mar 9, 12:54am
thank you so much. another question ive wondered about in the past, Why golden syrup? what does it do as opposed to anything else?

245sam, Mar 9, 12:59am
steph25, IMO it doesn't have to be golden syrup - I use brown sugar unless I'm using ginger ale in which case the only other additions are 1-2 onions, halved and each half studded with 3 whole cloves. For last 20 years since being given a crockpot I always crockpot-cook silverside - do you have one available, if so I suggest that you use it to cook your silverside. :-))

karenz, Oct 14, 5:40am
It needs to cook for 45-55 minutes per 500grms. I use a slosh of malt vinegar and a tablespoonor so of brown sugar, plus some peppercorns and cloves, last time I added the peel from an orange (as suggested on the packaging) and that was really nice too. I also wash to red goo off it and soak it for a few minutes to get rid of some of the saltiness.