Homemade pasta sauce.

dasfi, Mar 6, 5:08am
I need a recipe for making pasta sauce.

I have heaps of tomatoes. Preferably so i cant freeze, but how long would it last in the fridge??

fifie, Mar 6, 5:29am
If you makepasta sauce with tomatoes you either have to freeze it or seal it in jarsto keep it otherwise it will only keep a short time inthe fridge and you need to use it. Have a recipe for roasted tomato and garlic sauce thats good i make it with heaps of tomatoes when readyandfreezein ziplock bags forpasta, and spaghetti bol etc in winter. Use the search function on left of your screen recipes, pasta sauce, anytime, click search and heaps will come up, but you still have to use it or freeze or bottle them.

juliewn, Mar 6, 12:07pm
Hi.. you can make up your own recipe to suit your taste and what you have available.. I made some this weekend - added in all the veges I have growing that suit a pasta sauce, and made a lot..

I used tomatoes as the main vegetable, and added chopped scallopini, onions, silverbeet, pumpkin and garlic.. Simmered without adding water - the juice comes out of the tomatoes, etc..

Once simmering well, I added balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, a little brown sugar, two teaspoons each of cinnamon, mixed spice and ground ginger, and 1 tsp curry powder.

I simmered it all till the veges were tender, stirring often. I then seasoned to taste, cooked a few minutes more then turned the element off and left the pot on the hob and left it to cool, stirring occasionally.. Whizzed it in my food processor and filled snap-lock bags to lay flat and freeze. I used the seeds and skins for the tomatoes, much better than discarding their goodness..

You can also add spinach, carrots, celery, leeks, kumara, potato, mushrooms, etc.. plus parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, etc..

dasfi, Mar 6, 6:32pm
Thanks juliewn. I did try the search function but it way more bought pasta sauce questions i found.

Ill give that one ago.

dasfi, Mar 7, 5:08am
I need a recipe for making pasta sauce.

I have heaps of tomatoes. Preferably so i cant freeze, but how long would it last in the fridge!

juliewn, Mar 7, 12:07pm
Hi. you can make up your own recipe to suit your taste and what you have available. I made some this weekend - added in all the veges I have growing that suit a pasta sauce, and made a lot.

I used tomatoes as the main vegetable, and added chopped scallopini, onions, silverbeet, pumpkin and garlic. Simmered without adding water - the juice comes out of the tomatoes, etc.

Once simmering well, I added balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, a little brown sugar, two teaspoons each of cinnamon, mixed spice and ground ginger, and 1 tsp curry powder.

I simmered it all till the veges were tender, stirring often. I then seasoned to taste, cooked a few minutes more then turned the element off and left the pot on the hob and left it to cool, stirring occasionally. Whizzed it in my food processor and filled snap-lock bags to lay flat and freeze. I used the seeds and skins for the tomatoes, much better than discarding their goodness.

You can also add spinach, carrots, celery, leeks, kumara, potato, mushrooms, etc. plus parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.