Oily rice pudding

pickles7, Mar 5, 4:59am
I know a lot of people who frequent this message board, are saying the butter has water added to it. My rice pudding has a film of oil on the top that just will not mix in. My butter is sitting in oil, It is in the pantry in a dish.
I am thinking our cows are being feed solids left after producing palm oil, and in turn the cows are producing oilier, butter. I would have put a Tbsp of butter on top of the rice pudding.

lx4000, Mar 5, 5:36am
are you sure your butter hasn't melted during the heat of the day?

pickles7, Mar 5, 5:53am
No, I have noticed the butter getting oilier for a while now. Definitely not water, I am thinking this problem has been mistaken as water, being added to our butter. I have made hundreds of rice puddings over the years and not had this problem. But then, the rice pudding was scrumptious, even with a slight oily top.

lx4000, Mar 5, 6:21am
time of year could be the problem toos maybe

buzzy110, Mar 5, 9:34pm
Did you use ordinary butter or soft serve butter?

pickles7, Mar 5, 10:18pm
just the regular butter...buzzy. It was swimming in oil. Odd I have always used butter, maybe I need to try all the brands. We probably picked up butter on special, and the butter isn't, better.
May be.....1x4000 .I will shift it to the other side of my kitchen.

buzzy110, Mar 5, 10:31pm
It could be the temperature. I know when I clarify butter and it is still melted the clear liquid looks a little oily until it is set again but that does not explain why, in the past, this has never occurred. You do make an interesting point about the cow's diet though.

On the other hand, would farmer's be feeding out palm kernels at this time of the year? Grass is still plentiful in most parts of NZ.I am no farmer so cannot answer the question.

lx4000, Mar 6, 5:36am
are you sure your butter hasn't melted during the heat of the day!

buzzy110, Mar 6, 9:34pm
Did you use ordinary butter or soft serve butter!

pickles7, Mar 6, 10:18pm
just the regular butter.buzzy. It was swimming in oil. Odd I have always used butter, maybe I need to try all the brands. We probably picked up butter on special, and the butter isn't, better.
May be.1x4000 .I will shift it to the other side of my kitchen.

buzzy110, Mar 6, 10:31pm
It could be the temperature. I know when I clarify butter and it is still melted the clear liquid looks a little oily until it is set again but that does not explain why, in the past, this has never occurred. You do make an interesting point about the cow's diet though.

On the other hand, would farmer's be feeding out palm kernels at this time of the year! Grass is still plentiful in most parts of NZ.I am no farmer so cannot answer the question.