Beef stir fry help

debs109, Mar 3, 4:05am
any ideas on how to cook this for tea tonite would be greatly appreciated something not to fancy as the cupboards almost bare

ant_sonja, Mar 3, 4:30am
If you have garlic, ginger, honey & soy sauce as well as some oil you have the makings of a basic stir fry sauce to cook with. Start by heating a TBSP of oil in your wok or pan and add the beef as well as all the other ingredients - amounts are a matter of taste but I'd use about a teaspoon of garlic & ginger and a good Tablespoon of honey - soy sauce added last, I'd say about half a cup. Once stir fried for a minute or two take the beef out and add things like finely chopped carrot/cabbage and onion or any other veggies that you have handy. Cook those for couple of minutes as well adding more oil if required. Return your beef to the veggies and finish stir frying for another couple of minutes. Serve on rice or noodles. If you have chili you could add that also, mushrooms are yum in stir fry's as well as peanuts or cashews. Depends on what you have in your cupboards really :-)

ant_sonja, Mar 4, 4:30am
If you have garlic, ginger, honey & soy sauce as well as some oil you have the makings of a basic stir fry sauce to cook with. Start by heating a TBSP of oil in your wok or pan and add the beef as well as all the other ingredients - amounts are a matter of taste but I'd use about a teaspoon of garlic & ginger and a good Tablespoon of honey - soy sauce added last, I'd say about half a cup. Once stir fried for a minute or two take the beef out and add things like finely chopped carrot/cabbage and onion or any other veggies that you have handy. Cook those for couple of minutes as well adding more oil if required. Return your beef to the veggies and finish stir frying for another couple of minutes. Serve on rice or noodles. If you have chili you could add that also, mushrooms are yum in stir fry's as well as peanuts or cashews. Depends on what you have in your cupboards really :-)