KFC Bean Salad THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-!!!!

dollmakernz, Mar 2, 10:21pm
Quite a long time ago now someone posted a recipe for KFC bean salad and as my husband loves the stuff I filed it away in my recipes.
I made it up last night and my husband sampled it this morning. He was beaming from ear to ear! He reckons its just like the KFC salad.
So to whoever posted the recipe, a very big thankyou!

jessie981, Mar 2, 10:26pm
I made a recipe from here but didn't taste like KFC. Can you pse post your recipe dollmakernz. Thanx

dollmakernz, Mar 2, 10:35pm
I had no idea what wax beans were and couldn't find them at the supermarket either so didn't worry about them. I checked online when I got home and found they are a yellow long bean, like the green beans used. (I used the watties beans) I also bought my husband a we tub of the real stuff on my way home and and it doesn't have the yellow bean in it now either.
I'm rapt, he's been harping on about the stuff foryears and I've had the recipe sitting here for at least a couple of years!
KFC Bean Salad
KFC® Bean Salad 1 16-oz can green beans (Blue Lake or some good quality) 1 16-oz can wax beans 1 16-oz can kidney beans 1 medium green pepper, sliced and chopped 1 medium-sized white onion sliced and cut up 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup cider vinegar 3/4 cup sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Drain and rinse kidney beans well. Drain additional beans and combine all ingredients together. Marinate and refrigerate overnight. Bean salad tastes better after 3 or 4 days. Makes about 7 cups.

fisher, Mar 3, 3:18am
Was it this one..??
Clone" KFC" Bean Salad
2 cans of mixed kidney / haricot beans. 1 can green beans1/2 finely chopped green / red capsicumsmall chopped onion.
Drain cans and reserve the liquid. Mix all other veges together.
Place the liquid from the cans in a pot and add about 1/4 cup white vinegar and 2 tbsp white sugar. Heat and addblack ground pepper.
Slightly thicken with a wee bit of cornflour and water.Mix beans / veges in while the sauce is still hot.Let cool and serve.

fisher, Mar 3, 3:19am
Clone "Lone Star" Salad
Boil together~ 1 1/4 cups white vinegar3/4 cup sugar1 1/4 tsp mustard seeds1/2 tsp turmeric 1/2 cup water1 tsp celery seed1 1/4 tsp salt
Let cool and add 1 cup of oil.Finely slice red and green cabbage( 2 cups ofeach )1/2 red onion1 large grated carrot1 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup of canned drained corn1/2 cup of sunflower seeds.
Toss and add dressing.

pickles7, Mar 3, 4:46am
Bean salad#############Dressing

I buy cans of cooked beans for this.
I try and keep 2 cans in the fridge, all the time.
Dressing....Simmer, 1 1/4 cups of malt vinegar,
1/2 cup of brown sugar,
1/2 cup of water,
1 Tbsp honey,
1 Tbsp oil,
1 1/2 tsp salt,
2 tsp soy sauce,
pepper to taste.
cool.
Pour over drained beans, try and leave the salad in the fridge a while before using.

jessie981, Mar 3, 10:26pm
I made a recipe from here but didn't taste like KFC. Can you pse post your recipe dollmakernz. Thanx

dollmakernz, Mar 3, 10:35pm
I had no idea what wax beans were and couldn't find them at the supermarket either so didn't worry about them. I checked online when I got home and found they are a yellow long bean, like the green beans used. (I used the watties beans) I also bought my husband a we tub of the real stuff on my way home and and it doesn't have the yellow bean in it now either.
I'm rapt, he's been harping on about the stuff foryears and I've had the recipe sitting here for at least a couple of years!
KFC Bean Salad
KFC® Bean Salad 1 16-oz can green beans (Blue Lake or some good quality) 1 16-oz can wax beans 1 16-oz can kidney beans 1 medium green pepper, sliced and chopped 1 medium-sized white onion sliced and cut up 1/2 cup vegetable oil 1/2 cup cider vinegar 3/4 cup sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Drain and rinse kidney beans well. Drain additional beans and combine all ingredients together. Marinate and refrigerate overnight. Bean salad tastes better after 3 or 4 days. Makes about 7 cups.

fisher, Mar 4, 3:18am
Was it this one.!
Clone" KFC" Bean Salad
2 cans of mixed kidney / haricot beans. 1 can green beans1/2 finely chopped green / red capsicumsmall chopped onion.
Drain cans and reserve the liquid. Mix all other veges together.
Place the liquid from the cans in a pot and add about 1/4 cup white vinegar and 2 tbsp white sugar. Heat and addblack ground pepper.
Slightly thicken with a wee bit of cornflour and water.Mix beans / veges in while the sauce is still hot.Let cool and serve.

pickles7, Mar 4, 4:46am
Bean salad#############Dressing

I buy cans of cooked beans for this.
I try and keep 2 cans in the fridge, all the time.
Dressing.Simmer, 1 1/4 cups of malt vinegar,
1/2 cup of brown sugar,
1/2 cup of water,
1 Tbsp honey,
1 Tbsp oil,
1 1/2 tsp salt,
2 tsp soy sauce,
pepper to taste.
cool.
Pour over drained beans, try and leave the salad in the fridge a while before using.

kiwiactrss, Mar 6, 10:13pm
I made the KFC replica over the weekend after seeing this post - and all I can say is WOW!It is DIVINE! thanks so much - hubby thinks I am a genius