Choc cake recipe with coke cola and oil?

rosie, Mar 2, 8:59pm
I am trying to locate this delicious recipe which we have made twice before for my daughters Birthday - if anyone has it I would be soooooooooo grateful :)

245sam, Mar 2, 9:28pm
rosie, the recipe for that cake can be found at:-

http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/forum/read.php?3,116538,116539#msg-116539

rosie, Mar 2, 11:28pm
Thankyou so so much 245sam :)

rosie, Mar 3, 8:42am
Perfect recipe, extra wet mixture but lovely decadent choclate cake :)

245sam, Mar 3, 8:57am
You're welcome rosie and yes, it is a lovely moist "decadent chocolate cake" - the recipe as posted on the link at #2 is from Lisa, now of Timaru, formerly of Pleasant Point and of Denheath's (custard squares, etc.) fame.
If by chance you have any leftover cake, I can assure you that it freezes well, ganache and all.:-))

245sam, Mar 3, 9:28pm
rosie, the recipe for that cake can be found at:-

http://www.foodlovers.co.nz/forum/read.php!3,116538,116539#msg-116539

245sam, Mar 4, 8:57am
You're welcome rosie and yes, it is a lovely moist "decadent chocolate cake" - the recipe as posted on the link at #2 is from Lisa, now of Timaru, formerly of Pleasant Point and of Denheath's (custard squares, etc.) fame.
If by chance you have any leftover cake, I can assure you that it freezes well, ganache and all.:-))

nzbadger, Mar 4, 9:29am
Can it be Diet Cola or does it have to be sweetened?

fourz, Mar 4, 10:40am
I have used the caffeine free, diet coke and the cake is just as good. I mostly use the cheaper brands and the cake comes out beautiful. I make this cake all the timeand have never had a failure. One thing don t use cadbury cocoa I use Home Brand and I find that gives the best taste.This cake has become my signature recipe lol everyone asks me to make it for them.It is also very successfully doubled or trebled!!! Yes I have done both!!!!

nzbadger, Mar 5, 8:43am
Cheers for that.

nzbadger, Mar 5, 9:29am
Can it be Diet Cola or does it have to be sweetened!

fourz, Mar 5, 10:40am
I have used the caffeine free, diet coke and the cake is just as good. I mostly use the cheaper brands and the cake comes out beautiful. I make this cake all the timeand have never had a failure. One thing don t use cadbury cocoa I use Home Brand and I find that gives the best taste.This cake has become my signature recipe lol everyone asks me to make it for them.It is also very successfully doubled or trebled! Yes I have done both!