Just cooking Capsicum & onion relish but silly

jills3, Mar 2, 4:49am
silly me has put too much sugar in and it tastes so sweet.I am only still cooking it,can you recommend anything I can add to cut down the sweetness,maybe tomorrow I could buy and add apples?? thanks alot.

jessie981, Mar 2, 4:52am
Red wine vinegar or whatever you used

jills3, Mar 2, 5:03am
thanks jessie,actually recipe is tomato relish I just changed it to capsicum and I used brown vinegar.Will probably have to buy afew more bags of capsicum and cook it again tomorrow.Actually have never tried red wine vinegar.

fisher, Mar 2, 5:40am
jills3... just make it again, same recipebut dont add any sugar this time... then combine the two and you'll have halved the sugar content....

jills3, Mar 2, 5:50am
Thank you fisher, will do.

susieq9, Mar 2, 5:57am
Agree with fisher. Justdo it again, but without the sugar. Then combine the two.

jills3, Mar 3, 3:39am
Hi there,Have now bought more bags of capsicum,my question,usually you have to cut up and cover with 2tbspn salt and leave overnight, next day pour off excess juice and cook.Is it really important to leave overnight with the salt or can I just mix together and start cooking now, thank you.

rainrain1, Mar 3, 3:49am
Make it now, it will be fine

jills3, Mar 3, 3:56am
Thank you rainrain,I couldnt get over the price of bag of capsicum (8) .99c and not green, so at least my boring old stews in winter will be abit tasty, thanks again.

jills3, Mar 3, 4:49am
silly me has put too much sugar in and it tastes so sweet.I am only still cooking it,can you recommend anything I can add to cut down the sweetness,maybe tomorrow I could buy and add apples! thanks alot.

fisher, Mar 3, 5:14am
jills3...I have heaps coming on in my garden... green, yellow, red and orange...
I just cut into quarters, removed the seeds and pith,, and lay out on flat trays in the freezer... Then bagged, removed air and labelled... If you are getting them at that price... freeze a bunch for laters :}

jills3, Mar 3, 5:35am
oh thanks fisher,I will do that.Hell I love the asian vegie shops many bargins.In the meantime the capsicum relish smells great as it cooks away.

fisher, Mar 3, 5:40am
jills3. just make it again, same recipebut dont add any sugar this time. then combine the two and you'll have halved the sugar content.

fisher, Mar 3, 8:31am
I wish... the drugs I take have completely cut my sense of smell..I have about 3 percent and only get a "hint" ... Not good for someone that loves to cook especially with herbs and spices... I have to be careful in making additions and less is best so as not to overkill for other discerning folk at the table...

fisher, Mar 4, 5:14am
jills3.I have heaps coming on in my garden. green, yellow, red and orange.
I just cut into quarters, removed the seeds and pith,, and lay out on flat trays in the freezer. Then bagged, removed air and labelled. If you are getting them at that price. freeze a bunch for laters :}

fisher, Mar 4, 8:31am
I wish. the drugs I take have completely cut my sense of smell.I have about 3 percent and only get a "hint" . Not good for someone that loves to cook especially with herbs and spices. I have to be careful in making additions and less is best so as not to overkill for other discerning folk at the table.