Decadent cake to make for birthday

donna23, Mar 2, 1:08am
Suggestions please for a yummy, decadent birthday cake recipe, thanks

crystalmoon, Mar 2, 1:12am
do you know what kind of cake the birthday person likes,may help.Goodluck

samiamnz, Mar 2, 1:14am
Hi thereThe White Cake from Taste Mag is fab, beautiful and decadent and easy.Just go to taste website and put white cake in search.It is almond meal butter cake type thing, with cream cheese frosting devine!Also find a caramel mud cake goes down really well.

lx4000, Mar 2, 2:05am
dutch apple cake toos, just do a search here!

ribzuba, Mar 2, 4:42am
chocolate mousse cake? I made one for my mothers 50th covered in dark chocolate moulded roses and every one went gaga for it

luckyduck, Mar 2, 5:11am
This is the recipe that I used to make my 120 cupcakes, http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/White-Chocolate-Mud-Cake-L632.html.

It is easy and it stays fresh for a few days.

andy644, Mar 2, 5:58am
A Red Velvet cake is decadent, especially if covered in white icing.
When you cut open the cake, and see that red, well, it's just incredible

greerg, Mar 2, 7:22pm
Luckyduck the link doesn't work when I click it.Could you try again please - I'd really like these.

olwen, Mar 2, 7:29pm

luckyduck, Mar 2, 10:11pm
Thanks olwen, I didn't think to check it.

ribzuba, Mar 3, 4:42am
chocolate mousse cake! I made one for my mothers 50th covered in dark chocolate moulded roses and every one went gaga for it

andy644, Mar 3, 5:58am
A Red Velvet cake is decadent, especially if covered in white icing.
When you cut open the cake, and see that red, well, it's just incredible

four.mcs, Mar 3, 7:20am
How many cupcakes did you get out of that recipe? Thanks.

knowsley, Mar 3, 7:25am
I like to make a Black Forest Gateaux for special occasions. You do need Kirsch and, of course, cherries, but well worth the effort.

macwood2, Mar 3, 9:52am
Ribzuba - can you post the Choc Mousse Cake please

ribzuba, Mar 3, 12:19pm
Chocolate mousse cake
First line a (approx 9")spring tin or a tin with a removeable bottom neatly with baking paper
Base: Chocolate Brownie
200g butter
200g dark choc
280g brown sugar
3 eggs
80g flour
Melt butter and chocolate in a bain marie.
Beat eggs and sugar until thick and creamy, add flour then liquid choc mixture.Pour into lined square baking dish approx 10x12"
Bake until just set (stops wiggling) about 15mins.
When cool using the circular tin, cut out a circle and place it in the bottom of that tin to form a base
Chocolate Mousse
400g dark chocolate
800g cream
Melt chocolate over bain marie.Let cool a little to room temp
Beat cream until very soft peaks DO NOT OVER WHIP!
in three turns add the cream to the chocolate, folding gently each time until combined.if the mousse curdles heat a little over a bain marie to take it back.
pour ontop of the brownie base and set in freezer overnight.
To ice
200g dark chocolate
400ml cream
boil cream and pour over chocolate.Whisk until smooth, let it cool till room temp.Place cake on a cooling rack.Glad wrap a baking tray and place the cooling rack in this tray.Pour cool glaze over the mousse cake and let set.You can store excess glaze.decorate with cigarellos, chocolate flakes, run outs etc.
For best results use a good quality dark chocolate, 70% or above.for the glaze and the mousse to work in this instance it needs these quantities of cocoa solids.do not use compound or cooking chocolate as it has too much oil

greerg, Mar 3, 7:22pm
Luckyduck the link doesn't work when I click it.Could you try again please - I'd really like these.

luckyduck, Mar 3, 10:11pm
Thanks olwen, I didn't think to check it.

shazzie10, Mar 4, 4:59am
Make sure you suss out what the birthday person likes.Made a gorgeous chocolate cake for my partner (expensive cocoa and all) for his birthday and just discovered through an innocent conversation later on that he HATES chocolate cake and loved sponge cake.... ooopsss!

luckyduck, Mar 4, 5:50am
four.mcs wrote:
How many cupcakes did you get out of that recipe? Thanks.[/quote

Hi, I was able to get 20 cupcakes per batch of mix. It was very easy

macwood2, Mar 4, 6:16am
Many thanks ribzuba - looks great.

four.mcs, Mar 4, 7:20am
How many cupcakes did you get out of that recipe! Thanks.

shazzie10, Mar 5, 4:59am
Make sure you suss out what the birthday person likes.Made a gorgeous chocolate cake for my partner (expensive cocoa and all) for his birthday and just discovered through an innocent conversation later on that he HATES chocolate cake and loved sponge cake. ooopsss!

luckyduck, Mar 5, 5:50am
four.mcs wrote:
How many cupcakes did you get out of that recipe! Thanks.[/quote

Hi, I was able to get 20 cupcakes per batch of mix. It was very easy