Meat loaf using mince

calista, Mar 2, 12:25am
I'm going to make a couple of small meat loaves in 10x20 cm foil containers.
As my recipe books are spread decoratively around my front room can anyone offer advice re cooking times and temps (My brain has turned to liquefaction).

Thanks in anticipation.

jessie981, Mar 2, 12:31am
The recipe I use with 500gr mince is 30 mins @ 180 then pour sauce over & cook further 45 mins. Have you got your recipe?

justseven, Mar 2, 12:47am
Meatloaf
1 pkt of sausage meat
1 pkt of mince
1 onion
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 cup each of water and milk
1 beaten egg

Sauce
1 cup water
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of vinegar
1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of coffee
4 teaspoons of butter
lemon juice

calista, Mar 2, 12:50am
Jessie I was going to put on whatever came to hand - frozen veges (defrosted) , red lentils, a tin of Watties tomato based past sauce, possibly breadcrumbs - Maybe I should semi cook the lentils first. I also have split peas available.

I want the meat to go as far as possible then I can freeze or give to the friend who took me in for a few days, I owe him as my cat peed on his jacket.
(I have 5 foil loaf tins)

jessie981, Mar 2, 12:58am
and he's still a friend! LOL. Blame iton the EQ.

crystalmoon, Mar 2, 1:24am
another easy one we do here is more like a mince pizza,add what ever flavourings,chopped veg you want to mince,with a egg and bit of breadcrumbs,seasoning,can also use rolled oats.mix well,press into oven dish or smaller dish's about 1 1/2 inch thick,spread with steak,hicory,tomato or combo of all three over top till covered.sprinkle grated chesse on top of sauce and addy veg or pineapple on top.Bake at about 190 degree's for 35-40 mins.Cut into sections and serve with salad or pasta/spuds.MmMmmm delish....

calista, Mar 2, 2:08am
No only did she pee on his jacket, starting a competitive peeing match among the other 3 cats, she also fronted up to his lovely white shorthaired cat, Snowballs, fluffed up her fur and stretched out bigger and growled so it ran away and has been nervous of coming back into the house since then.
So maybe I shoud be making humble pie instead.

Thanks for all the suggestions - I think I can mix and match what I have,

calista, Mar 3, 12:25am
I'm going to make a couple of small meat loaves in 10x20 cm foil containers.
As my recipe books are spread decoratively around my front room can anyone offer advice re cooking times and temps (My brain has turned to liquefaction).

Thanks in anticipation.

jessie981, Mar 3, 12:31am
The recipe I use with 500gr mince is 30 mins @ 180 then pour sauce over & cook further 45 mins. Have you got your recipe!

jessie981, Mar 3, 12:58am
and he's still a friend! LOL. Blame iton the EQ.
this is the sauce I use - slightlydifferent from the other.
1/4c vinegar seems a lot
BBQ Sauce
1/2c water
1/4c worcestershire sauce
1/4c br sugar
1oz butter
1/2c tomato sauce
2TBSP vinegar (I use 1TBSP)
1tsp instant coffee
2TBSP lemon juice (opt)
combine all ingredients, bring to boil slowly. Reduce heat & simmer 5mins. Pour over meat & baste frquently. Cook uncovered 4 mins

crystalmoon, Mar 3, 1:24am
another easy one we do here is more like a mince pizza,add what ever flavourings,chopped veg you want to mince,with a egg and bit of breadcrumbs,seasoning,can also use rolled oats.mix well,press into oven dish or smaller dish's about 1 1/2 inch thick,spread with steak,hicory,tomatosauces or combo of all three over top till covered.sprinkle grated chesse on top of sauce and addy veg or pineapple on top.Bake at about 190 degree's for 35-40 mins.Cut into sections and serve with salad or pasta/spuds.MmMmmm delish.