Peach Jam

kiwibrit2, Feb 28, 2:32am
Do peaches make good jam or do they need added lemons, maybe apples to help make a 'good set'.

huntlygirl, Feb 28, 2:43am
You can now buy proper jam setting sugar at the supermarket and it works perfectly, I have just made peach and nectarine jams and last month made strawberry.

zambesi2, Feb 28, 6:19am
I see Food in a Minute had a great easy looking recipe for that jam.She used that special jam setting sugar.It's on their website or in the Womans Day.Looked yummy!

malcovy, Feb 28, 7:08am
The nicest jam I had ever eaten was peach not that it helps your question. I have made it and do not remember adding lemons to it but it was a few years back.

lu_lu1, Feb 28, 9:34am
Not keen on peach jam, I wouldn't put the effort into making it, or the sugar.

kiwibrit2, Feb 28, 5:38pm
Thanks for replies - I saw that bit on TV using the special sugar, it muxt have something addedsurely?I usually use lemons or another fruit rather than resort to powdered 'jam setting stuff' probbaly pectin based, but I wil try this sugar.My son's tree is laden! Will also try chutney.

malcovy, Feb 28, 7:21pm
Yes I with you kiwibrit I would too use lemons.

kiwibrit2, Mar 1, 5:38pm
Thanks for replies - I saw that bit on TV using the special sugar, it muxt have something addedsurely!I usually use lemons or another fruit rather than resort to powdered 'jam setting stuff' probbaly pectin based, but I wil try this sugar.My son's tree is laden! Will also try chutney.