Stewed fruit

taffsgirl, Feb 27, 1:32am
hi pammy r u about i stewed sum fruit the other day well actually 3 days ago stuck it in fridge airtight container will it still be ok to use? anybody got any ideas what to do with it if still ok to use?thats basic lol like a sponge or muffins or sumthing.dam kids wnt eat it as is. thanks heaps.

geldof, Feb 27, 1:39am
it should be fine.use it in a crumble, or freeze for later use.
What fruit is it?

245sam, Feb 27, 1:40am
taffsgirl, obviously I'm not "pammy" but I would think that your fruit should be ok - does it smell and look ok? no sign of any mould?How about making a fruit crumble pudding or a sponge topped pudding? - either pudding if served with custard, yoghurt or even more tempting for your children, some icecream, would make good use of that fruit.For specific recipes try doing a search here on this Trade MB usinge.g. fruit crumble as the Keywords and then use Anytime as the Date posted option.

Hope that helps.:-))

elliehen, Feb 27, 2:00am
Here's a very easy idea.

FRUIT COBBLER
Mix:
1 cup flour
2 Tblsp sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Rub in 4 Tblsp butter or margarine
Add 1 egg whisked with 1/4 cup milk
Put six mounds on top of HOT fruit in baking pan
Bake 25 mins at 200*C
Dust with icing sugar

This is excellent with any stewed fruit at all, even a can of heated apricots or peaches when in a big hurry.

taffsgirl, Feb 27, 4:46am
thanks for replys.it was all kinjds of fruit i got a huge box from the vege shop for 1 99 lol.was goin to juice it but changed my mind.