Cooking lettuce

didorothy, Feb 26, 3:26am
Has anyone tried cooking lettuce! So often one cant seem to use the whole thing and hate waste so wondered if any recipes out there!

didorothy, Feb 26, 3:26am
Has anyone tried cooking lettuce? So often one cant seem to use the whole thing and hate waste so wondered if any recipes out there?

kiwibubbles, Feb 26, 3:34am
probably asian stirfries! i think they use lettuce.!

kiwibubbles, Feb 26, 3:34am
probably asian stirfries? i think they use lettuce...?

davidt4, Feb 26, 3:40am
There is a lovely classic French dish of peas with lettuce (and sometimes spring onions).Petits Pois a la Francaise.Here's a link to a recipe - be sure to turn down your volume first as it includes a ghastly raucous advertisement.

davidt4, Feb 26, 3:40am
There is a lovely classic French dish of peas with lettuce (and sometimes spring onions).Petits Pois a la Francaise.Here's a link to a recipe - be sure to turn down your volume first as it includes a ghastly raucous advertisement.

davidt4, Feb 26, 4:23am

hestia, Feb 26, 5:03am
Blanch the lettuce in boiling water (30 sec- 1 min), drain. Serve with oyster sauce and a drizzle of oil.

hestia, Feb 26, 5:06am
If you are having wontons in soup, then you can simply shred some lettuce, place at the bottom of the bowl. Top with the cooked wontons, pour the hot stock on top. The hot stock will cook the lettuce.

You can do a similar thing with noodles and soup.

scarlet_horse, Feb 26, 6:44am
I have heard of lettuce soup but don't think I have a recipe for it.

scarlet_horse, Feb 26, 6:44am
I have heard of lettuce soup but don't think I have a recipe for it.

dilligaf_dah, Feb 27, 3:34am
I cant eat raw food so steam/boilmy lettuce for a few minutes usually add a little vegetable stock to the water.Only use a little water do not cover completely. Nice added to mashed potatoes or used as pastry ( for savoury dishes) by lining the sides and bottom of the pie dish.

dbab, Feb 27, 10:08pm
One of the contestants on Masterchef last night grilled her lettuce.

sarahb5, Feb 27, 10:31pm
I have a lovely recipe for lettuce soup - very light flavour - will see if I can find it

harrislucinda, Feb 27, 10:52pm
soupisnice

harrislucinda, Feb 27, 10:52pm
soupisnice

donnabeth, Feb 28, 12:42am
I grew up with boiled lettuce, thickened with cornflour. Grey glue.

It was as awful as it sounds, but no leaves were ever thrown out.

nfh1, Feb 28, 12:52am
Did the judges comment on the grilled lettuce?I saw her put them on the hot plate, but missed any comments about them.

nfh1, Feb 28, 12:52am
Did the judges comment on the grilled lettuce!I saw her put them on the hot plate, but missed any comments about them.

didorothy, Mar 6, 9:07am
thanks guyswill try some