Non-veges, what's your fave vegetarian meal?

papariccardo, Mar 8, 2:30am
I just moved into a vegetarian household, probably for a few months. What are some great vegetarian recipes I can try out? Asian or Italian are my standards, but I will eat anything. ANYTHING! Thanks!

camrob, Mar 8, 2:38am
Vegetable curry. Cube and boil up root vegetables, kumara pumpkin potatoes carrots, when they are almost done add small pieces of broccoli, cauliflower, peas beans etc. add salt. You can also add a handful of sultanas. When cooked drain well and mix through a curry sauce you have made in the microwave in the usual way, butter, flour, curry powder, salt and pepper with milk. (or coconut milk) Serve on rice.

papariccardo, Mar 8, 3:35am
So you put the curry flavour AFTER the cooking is done? That's something I need to try - everything in my mums 'one pot wonders' all tasted the same, because it all went in at once.

Anyone else? Something for pasta, maybe? Or the hellish vege pizza? !

duckmoon, Mar 8, 6:49am
Vege Slice

3 cups mixed vegetables
1 cup cheese, grated
4 eggs
3/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 cup self-raising flour
2 rashers bacon, finely chopped (optional) (ham or salami also work well)
1 tomato, sliced
1 pinch ground black pepper

•Use any combination of any fresh, frozen or tinned vegetables - onion, capsicum, grated carrot or courgette, mushrooms, beans, asparagus, cooked spinach or silverbeet, broccoli, corn. Chop, slice, dice or grate.
•Place the vegetables and cheese in a greased baking dish.
•Lightly beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl.
•Sprinkle over the self-raising flour and mix well, ensuring there are no lumps.
•Pour egg mixture over the vegetables.
•Top with bacon, tomato slices and ground black pepper.
•Bake at 200°C for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and set.
•Serve either hot or cold.
If there are any leftovers, wrap and put in the lunchbox for the next day.

We had a vegetarian live with us from mond-friday for 4 months last year. This recipe has become a weekly event in our house...

kaydee16, Mar 8, 7:51am
Pumpkin and spinach lasagne is delicious. The recipe's on
Foodinaminute.co.nz. I use fresh spinach instead of frozen. Sometimes I stuff canneloni shells with the mix instead of making lasagne, just for a change.

ruby19, Mar 8, 7:05pm
Favourites with my family, VEGETARIAN NACHOS. oil, 1 onion, 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1 tin chili beans, 1 tin mexican toms, 1 tsp cumin, 1tsp coriander, 1 tsp oregano. saute the onion and garlic until soft, add the spices cook gently for 1 min add chilli beans & half tin toms, mix well and simmer gently for 20 min, roughly mash so some of the beans are still whole. You can add fresh coriander. Use this on top of corn chips, or use in tortillas, lay the tortillas in single layer, spread with remaining mexican toms sprinkle with cheese and pop into oven until cheese has melted and golden.

red2, Mar 9, 9:05pm
falafels and pita bread and salad is my fav.

sifty, Oct 16, 6:09am
Steak, chops and bacon, with chips...