Fruit Crumble -quick yummy recipe wanted please :)

suzieblue1, Feb 25, 6:59am
Have alot of golden queen peaches off a friends tree and am keen to make a yummy dessert with an easy (not too many ingredients) topping/crumble please...?Thank you :)

suzieblue1, Feb 25, 7:35am
this link brings nothing up?

elliehen, Feb 25, 8:28am
If you want a change from Fruit Crumble, try this speedy American old favourite winter dessert.

FRUIT COBBLER
Mix:
1 cup flour
2 Tblsp sugar
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
Rub in 4 Tblsp butter or margarine
Add 1 egg whisked with 1/4 cup milk
Put six mounds on top of HOT fruit in baking pan
Bake 25 mins at 200*C
Dust with icing sugar

This is excellent with any stewed fruit at all, even a can of heated apricots or peaches when in a big hurry.

elliehen, Feb 25, 8:31am
Here's a basic crumble:

Crumble:
170g flour
85g each of brown sugar and butter or margarine.
Rub the butter into the flour to form a crumby mixture, then mix the brown sugar lightly through.
Bake at 180°C for 40-45 minutes.

elliehen, Feb 25, 8:32am
I think the last bit of cookessentials' link dropped off.She might have been directing you to this :)

cookessentials, Feb 25, 8:34am
Mmm, not sure how that happened. If you go to the search box at the left and put crumble in the keyword box and anytime in the date posted box, all the crumble threads will appear.

geldof, Feb 25, 8:51am
peach and passionfruit crumble. yum.
I have bags of 'crumble' in the freezer.makes for easy desserts.

suzieblue1, Feb 25, 8:58am
Thank you :0)

suzieblue1, Feb 25, 8:59am
Thats a good one, thanks!

ams7, Feb 25, 9:07am
This is the best crumble recipe, MIL's and it is soooo yummy.Placing this topping over the top of stewed fruit.2oz Butter, 4oz Sugar, 1/4 tsp Vailla Essence, 1 Egg, 1/4 tsp nutmeg & cinnamon, 2 Cups Cornflakes, 1 Cup Coconut. Mix together and place over the top of stewed fruit. Bake 180oC for about 30 mins

elliehen, Feb 25, 9:14am
amz7, your 180* for about 30 minutes is a good general guide.The 40-45 minutes in my posting above is more for a dish of thinly sliced uncooked apple, rather than pre-cooked stewed fruit.