Best cook Book?

stasi21, Feb 24, 12:42am
I have been fortunate enough to win a US$50 voucher for Amazon.com and have decided that I want to treat myself to a cook book. Was thinking of one of the Nigella Lawson ones, but not sure which one of her's is best. Or is there another cookbook that I should get? Im after something that uses normal ingredients, but puts a new twist on every day meals.

What are your favourite cook books?

I would love to get Annabelle Laingbine, but as she is a NZer (i think?) Amazon would have it..i might go check though!

Looking forward to your replies :-)

knowsley, Feb 24, 7:04am
I have almost 400 cookbooks, but tend to reach for just a few, normally. Cooks Companion by Stephanie Alexander, Tamasin's Kitchen Bible by Tamasin Day-Lewis, Joy Of Cooking, Nigel Slater's Appetite and also Real Food. Nigella's How to Eat is one of her better ones. I quite like Neil Perry's The Food I Love, and have thrashed Anthony Bourdains Les Halles book.

jwn1, Feb 24, 9:45am
Annabel Langbein-free range cook, I brought it last year, I have a large family and use everything from it, the recipes are surprisingly easy and she offers heaps of alternatives... I love it

alig65, Feb 24, 7:07pm
You also cannot go past any of the Alison/Simon Holst range they tend to be easy and understandable, with N.Z. ingredients, and they do work!!

earthangel4, Feb 24, 7:16pm
Do you know if they have one out on wholemeal baking,with no white ingred.
Just looking for one for my hubby.

earthangel4, Feb 24, 7:18pm
I bought one for my daughter for last christmas and she loves it.
She is a beautiful cook,she will have to teach me,lol.

stasi21, Feb 24, 7:56pm
Amazon doesnt have The Free Range cook book!! :-(there are a couple by Annabelle Laingbine but they look like quite old ones.

Not sure if theywill have Simon or Alison Holst as its an American site. Will go check

pickles7, Feb 24, 10:17pm
Not sure if theywill have Simon or Alison Holst as its an American site. Will go check[/quote]

Dont buy books that sell on trade me for, peanuts.

darlingmole, Feb 25, 12:21am
weight watchers one pot cooking (excellent easy recipes for the lazy cook wanting to lose weight!)

bearskin, Apr 18, 12:33am
If I could only have ONE cookbook, it would be the 'Delia Smith Complete Cookery' book. Quite conservative and old skool, but the best all-round book I have