Childrens Muffins which has disguised veggies

leebee35, Feb 23, 12:25pm
Hi -Anyone have the recipe for the above.
A friends little boy will not eat veggies and I know years another friend had this recipe... great way to disguise veggies.. lol

cookessentials, Feb 23, 5:59pm

cookessentials, Feb 23, 6:00pm

elliehen, Feb 23, 8:30pm
There's a cookbook, 'Deceptively Delicious' by Jessica Seinfeld, which is a book of ideas and recipes designed to feed vegetables to children who reject them.

campmum, Feb 23, 8:42pm
x1
Bugs Bunnys' Best Muffins - Alison Holst
(1) - *1 Cup Self Raising Flour, 1 1/2 C grated tasty cheese, 2 bacon rashers chopped & cooked - no rind, 1 med onion finely chopped & cooked, 1/4 C parsley finely chopped* - (2) *4 eggs, 1/2 C milk, 1C mashed potato, 1C mashed pumpkin, 1/2 C creamed corn, 1/2 tsp salt. Optional 1/2 C finely chopped cooked vegetables (well drained). In a large bowl mix First lot of ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg & milk then remainder of ingredients. Combine the two mixtures taking care not to over mix. Spoon into 18 Med muffin tins sprayed with non stick cooking spray. Bake 180*C for 20 - 25 mins . leave in tins to firm up before removing. Serve warm or hot. can be reheated the next day.

vintagekitty, Feb 23, 11:43pm
the Jessica Seinfeld book is brilliant, see if you can get a second hand copy on here if you cant find it in the shops

elliehen, Feb 23, 11:47pm
I lend my copy freely, but won't part with it.I'll bet Jessica has even got Jerry eating more vegies ;)

vintagekitty, Feb 23, 11:50pm
I bet ellie:), its amazing what she manages to get vegies in to for fussy wee buttons

kinna54, Feb 25, 2:19am
Ha ha! I love it. That website posting of eliehen's is awesome.
This requestreminded me of a tale by my neighbour: She bought a juicer, and juiced up carrots and pumpkin daily. Her kids thought they were having amazing orange drink. Best of luck.

elliehen, Feb 25, 3:13am
kinna54, the website post is from cookessentials - it's a beaut.

Interesting that JustJuice and V8 have now got a half and half fruit and vegetable juice on the supermarket shelves.I tried a mango/carrot etc mix just for the days I'm rushing out the door and the veg/fruit combo is great - not unlike your neighbour's home-made one, I'm guessing!

kinna54, Feb 25, 4:44am
oops Sorry got my names mixed there, but that is an awesome website, thank you to cookessentials. Isn't it sad how so many kids won't eat veges. I have a wee granddaughter that goes to daycare and was delighted when she brought home a photo of her eating a carrot plucked staright from the garden there.
good luck with all the vege recipes.