How much would you pay for bacon and eggs

Page 1 / 7
r15, Feb 23, 12:51am
just trying to do a bit of research on pricing around the country-

could i get a few people to reply with how much some bacon & eggs on toast cost at a local eatery - prices within the last 12 months please.

also, what would you consider a fair price for an eatery to charge for bacon & eggs, toast, and a cup of coffee, served buffer style (eg serve yourself) for a congregation of 25-30 people, arranged to happen EVERY week, at the same time, on the same day to have a bit of a business meeting whilst there

fruitbat, Feb 23, 12:53am
$10

jc_cw, Feb 23, 12:59am
for $10 i would expect 2 bits of toast, 2 eggs and 3 bits of bacon

crystalmoon, Feb 23, 12:59am
11.00 here for eggs benedict,2 muffins,egg,bacon and sauce.Our favourite.

buzzy110, Feb 23, 1:35am
Surely it would depend on the quality of the bacon, eggs, bread and spread. Not even free food would induce me to eat eggs from battery farms or bacon from caged pigs cooked on non-stick, surfaces in chemically extracted oil or supermarket bread or margarine. I'd sooner starve.

On the other hand I would gladly pay up to $20 for a couple of eggs cooked in unhydrogenated lard or dripping, a slice or two of free range streaky bacon and a piece of delicious sourdough bread, made from organic grains and lashings of butter.

You'd have to tie me down and force feed me any beverage made with over boiled, dead water.

buzzy110, Feb 23, 1:35am
Surely it would depend on the quality of the bacon, eggs, bread and spread. Not even free food would induce me to eat eggs from battery farms or bacon from caged pigs cooked on non-stick, surfaces in chemically extracted oil or supermarket bread or margarine. I'd sooner starve.

On the other hand I would gladly pay up to $20 for a couple of eggs cooked in unhydrogenated lard or dripping, a slice or two of free range streaky bacon and a piece of delicious sourdough bread, made from organic grains and lashings of butter.

You'd have to tie me down and force feed me any beverage made with over boiled, dead water.

fruitbat, Feb 23, 1:39am
Caged hens and caged pork would obviously be much cheaper but notthe healthier option.

fruitbat, Feb 23, 1:39am
Caged hens and caged pork would obviously be much cheaper but notthe healthier option...

jessie981, Feb 23, 1:49am
$10 but I'd want scrambled eggs, 2 toast & tea.

jessie981, Feb 23, 1:49am
$10 but I'd want scrambled eggs, 2 toast & tea.

beaker59, Feb 23, 1:50am
In real commercial terms I would have said $15 minimum through to $100for top of the line, though for a Cafe type BnE meal with excellent coffe about $25 would cover it. $10 would be budget bacon and eggs with Necafe served by volunteers.

buzzy110, Feb 23, 1:52am
Yeah. I think I was being mean with the $20. $25 is much more realistic and even a few dollars more if the coffee was espresso and decaf.

vintagekitty, Feb 23, 1:52am
I think in terms of what you are talking about prob $12ish, if out at a cafe, I will happily pay up to $25ish for Eggs Bene and coffee

duckmoon, Feb 23, 3:18am
I would pay around $15 for bacon and eggs; and $4 for coffee when in a cafe.
a discount for bulk - and return business

duckmoon, Feb 23, 3:18am
I would pay around $15 for bacon and eggs; and $4 for coffee when in a cafe...
a discount for bulk - and return business

duckmoon, Feb 23, 3:19am
the way animals are caged (or not) doesn't change the nutritional value of the product. but it is the difference between healthy or not for the animal concerned.

duckmoon, Feb 23, 3:19am
the way animals are caged (or not) doesn't change the nutritional value of the product... but it is the difference between healthy or not for the animal concerned...

ant_sonja, Feb 23, 4:00am
I'm happy to pay more for free range eggs/bacon if I choose to eat out - locally you pay between $19 - $25 at a guess plus a beverage. Cheap bacon/eggs can be had from $6 however with a free coffee at some establishments.

ant_sonja, Feb 23, 4:00am
I'm happy to pay more for free range eggs/bacon if I choose to eat out - locally you pay between $19 - $25 at a guess plus a beverage. Cheap bacon/eggs can be had from $6 however with a free coffee at some establishments.

ant_sonja, Feb 23, 4:03am
It does if the hens or pigs need to be pumped full of antibiotics and other 'supplements' in order to not get sick from living in sub-standard surroundings.

ant_sonja, Feb 23, 4:03am
It does if the hens or pigs need to be pumped full of antibiotics and other 'supplements' in order to not get sick from living in sub-standard surroundings.

buzzy110, Feb 23, 5:51am
For me it is not the nutritional values that matter. Meat will always have a certain level of amino acids and fats, no matter how they are raised and eggs will always have protein and all the other good things in them.However, it is the life that the animals lead to supply cheapskates with cheap eggs and cheap pork that is my concern.

And of course, as ant sonja said, the antibiotics as well as the, usually, genetically modified foods fed to caged animals influences my choices. Whilst the products may all have similar nutritional values, products from caged animals comes with undesirable extras that no one bothers to mention.

r15, Feb 23, 7:04am
wow, from baconand eggs for breakfast, to a discussion about organic foods and what kinds of acid etc. never saw that change of direction coming!

r15, Feb 23, 7:04am
wow, from baconand eggs for breakfast, to a discussion about organic foods and what kinds of acid etc.... never saw that change of direction coming!

kay141, Feb 23, 7:12am
It happens a lot with certain posters. Must push their bandwagons regardless.
When you get bacon and eggs in cafe, you get a finite number of eggs, pieces of bacon and toast. And the prices can vary remarkably. If you are serving buffet style, how do you plan to work out the prices! For example I have 2 of everything, the next person has 4 and the next has bacon and toast but no eggs.