Thought the crockpot

nessy20, Feb 21, 4:17am
didnt make things dry hard and yuck or does that mean the topside needs longer grrr

onekiwigirl, Feb 21, 6:10am
I guess so, although I am not sure what you are saying? In my experience it doesn't normally make food dry, quite the opposite.

robyn35, Feb 21, 6:14am
sounds like it maybe overcooked, how long has it been cooked for and what sized piece of meat

sue1955, Feb 21, 6:15am
When I do a topside in the crockpot I shake a packet of Maggi Onion soup or Oxtail soup over the meat in the pot & put in 1/4c of water. Cook for 4-5hrs on Hi or 7-8hrs on Low. The water in there & the condensation from the lid makes a great gravy with the juices. It's always so tender that I can't cut it into slices so I cut it into chunks & serve it with veges & the gravy. I've never had a failure yet.

kay141, Feb 21, 6:38am
Check your lid. One of my lids doesn't fit as well as it should, it is quite loose and if i don't put it on exactly right it has a gap, so I place a layer of tinfoil over the dish and tuck it under the rim, then put the lid on. It is my oval one and they seem to be worse than round ones.

fifie, Feb 21, 8:03am
Hard to know why it is like that, Just a thought i use a olderC/Pot and a slow cooker for heaps of things they both take different length of times for cooking the same thing, and it always makes liquid..Older Crockpot temperatures are not as hot or quick as the newer slow cookers if your doing a recipe from a c/pot in a new slow cooker adjust cook times and temperature as it is hotter and quicker...