Large Banana Cake Recipe

catstwo, Feb 20, 10:18am
I am needing a large Banana Cake Recipe. I want to cook it in a 30cm square deep cake tin.I make Banana Cakes but my recipes just arn't large enough, I know that I can triple and Double recipes but I would need to do 6 times fill that big tin. The cake is my sister's wedding anniversary. Thanks

245sam, Feb 20, 10:42am
catstwo, here's a recipe that may be of use to you - it's from Trademe Cooks.....

"Family sized Chocolate or Banana Cake
Ingredients 250grams melted butter 2 1/2 cups of Chelsea Caster Sugar 2 large eggs 2 tablespoons Chelsea Golden Syrup 4 cups self raising flour 3 tablespoons baking cocoa for chocolate cake -or for Banana cake, 2 very ripe, large mashed bananas 2 teaspoons baking soda 2 1/2 cups luke warm milk Method Cream butter and caster sugar. Add eggs and golden syrup - if making banana cake, add bananas and mix well. Sift together flour, baking powder - and cocoa if baking chocolate cake. Dissolve baking soda in milk. Blend dry ingredients and milk into the butter mixture together and mix until well combined and mixture is lump free. Pour into a very large cake tin (equivalent to oven roasting dish) lined with greaseproof paper. Bake 180°C for 45-50 minutes or until cake comes away from the paper. Wait 10 minutes before turning cake onto rack. When cold, ice with chocolate icing sprinkle with coconut and serve. posted by partybagsnz"

Hope that helps.:-))

bluecalico, Feb 20, 6:43pm
Annabel Langbein has a HUGE, tasty andeasy banana cake recipe if you have herbook......it is in the 'best of'....if you don't have it, I could type the recipe later if you wanted it.Straight banana cake.BIG.Moist and one of the best I have tasted!

dilligaf_dah, Feb 21, 12:43am
I used the no fail chocolate cake recipe on here the dutch cholcolate cake bked in a roasting dish left out the cocoa and added bananasI added 10 bananas will try and fine it for you back in the thread on click it forward for ya to lazy to type it out.

dilligaf_dah, Feb 21, 1:05am
Ok it is the thread thats titled best ever chocolate cake.No fail and its good for banana cake and ginger cake. (replacing the cocoa with bananas or ginger.

asue, Feb 21, 1:20am
bluecalico - plze Annabel recipe would be great if you can.

bluecalico, Feb 21, 2:19am
Prep time:15 mins
Cook time:1 hour (less for smaller cakes)
Makes:1 large cake, 4 small cakes or 12 muffin-sized cakes
* 250g butter, softened
* 1½ cups sugar
* 4 eggs
* 2 tsp natural vanilla essence
* 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed (about 2 cups)
* 2 tsp baking soda
* ½ cup hot milk
* 3 cups flour
* 2 tsp baking powder

Lemon icing:
* 50g butter, softened
* 3 tbsp lemon juice
* 3 cups icing sugar

Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 23cm round cake tin with baking paper or prepare 4 x 10cm tins (recycled large 425g tuna cans are perfect) or 12 muffin tins.

Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla then bananas. Dissolve baking soda in hot milk and add to mixture. Sift over flour and baking powder and fold in.

Spoon mixture into prepared tin(s) and smooth top. Bake until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean and the top is springy to the touch. One large cake will take 50-60 minutes, allow 45-55 minutes for 4 medium cakes and about 20 minutes for muffin-sized cakes. Cool in tin and ice when cool. Store in a sealed container in a cool place for 2-3 days or wrap un-iced cake and freeze.

Lemon icing:
Beat together butter, lemon juice, icing sugar and ½ tbsp hot water until creamy.

catstwo, Feb 21, 5:23am
Thanks very much for the Recipes, I have copied and pasted them to word so that I can print them off.