The Soy Sauce In Those Cute Fish Shape Bottles

firemansgirl, Feb 19, 10:08pm
Does anyone knopw where you can buy the little fish shaped bottled of soy that you get in shop-bought sushi trays? I am not a business so can't go to a wholesaler, but am learning to make sushi at the moment and am going to take some for my workmates to try, and would like to supply the soy bottles as well.

prawn_whiskas, Feb 19, 10:10pm
Asian section of most supermarkets in little bags. around 20 'bottles' I think. Would be nicer to take a big bottle of Kikkoman thou as its a superior soy sauce.

ksr, Feb 19, 10:21pm
Japanese lifestyle goods have them.You can get them in different types.I have little pigs.;)

elliehen, Feb 20, 12:48am
Alison Holst recommends Kikkoman.

ksr, Feb 20, 1:11am
Oh I meant you can buy them empty and you fill them with your fave soy sauce

buzzy110, Feb 20, 1:25am
Awwhhh. That's nice of you fireman's girl. I hope your workmates appreciate your offerings.

spoeklet, Feb 20, 1:27am
There's a store called $3 Japan which is near Borders and the cinemas on Queen street and they sell those as well as other ones in cute animal shapes. :)They are reusable.That shop has so much cool stuff!

jcprotea, Feb 20, 2:08am
Whenever I had takeout sushi I take mine with me. Odd I know but I run them through the dishwasher and all clean. Now I am back at uni soon so I make my own sushi.

jcprotea, Feb 20, 2:09am
I got my obento from there. I love that place.

kiwibubbles, Feb 20, 4:29am
I recommend kikkoman too

andrea1978, Feb 20, 5:16am
I prefer yamasa to kikkoman.Both brands are not cheap unfortunately.

uli, Feb 20, 5:55am
You mean that minute opening in that tiny fishy mouth is big enough to wash the inside of it - in a dishwasher? I am astounded...

kimmac, Feb 20, 9:12am
I went to an Asian supermarket and were able to buy them for 10c each - I don't think I really needed a bag of 250 for less money!

buzzy110, Feb 20, 11:11pm
Be very astounded. for my part I am wondering how they are anchored down so that they do not get washed into the drain hole and bung it up.But that is not as important as remembering that the plastic they are made from is probably, like water bottles, only good for one use. After that they begin to leach the chemicals that 'are plastic' into the foods or water they contain.

jcprotea, Feb 20, 11:55pm
In my dishwasher there are places where you put cutlery and I do a light wash with other plastics. I can fit the mouths in the small squares in teh cutlery holder thing. I don't make sushi that often as I am a vegan and I make vegetarian sushi. I use them once with soy sauce then I chuck them. I take my own soy sauce as I use gluten free soy sauce.

guest, Apr 2, 10:21am
This "free sharing" of information seems too good to be true. Like commsuinm.