Rich chocolate brownie recipe please?

adamnmel, Feb 19, 8:12pm
i want one that tastes like the ones u buy in a cafe lol Big,thick,gooey and chocolaty....any help much apreciated

ribzuba, Feb 19, 9:19pm
200g chocolate
200g butter
240g brown sugar
3 eggs
60g flour
melt butter and chocolate.beat eggs and sugar till thick and pale, add flour.pour in choc mixture.bake at 180deg until stops jiggling.
you can top this with a ganache icing or before you bake try adding things like raspberries, chilli, hokey pokey, nuts, white choc chips...endless varities

kiwigoldie, Feb 19, 11:09pm
Ingredients
• 1 cup unsweetened apple purée/sauce
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish.

Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.

Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing into squares. If desired, dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.

I omit the walnuts -as i dont like them...this brownie recipe is devine...rich and wonderful...i sometimes stew up apples and puree in blender and once even didnt have enough apple puree and pureed some tinned pineapple...i also for emergencies buy the medium tin of Pams pureed apples...it is pure apples and just the right size tin for this recipe.

adamnmel, Feb 19, 11:49pm
Thanku sooo much....having a mean craving!!Apples tho?!thats unusual-cant wait to try them tho.thx

liamjosh, Feb 19, 11:58pm
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup each white and chocolate buttons

Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour a 9x13inch baking pan.
Mix together all dry ingredients.
Mix in 3/4 cup melted butter and 4 eggs. Mix thoroughly.
Spread batter evenly into prepared baking pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely in pan before cutting into 2 inch squares.

adamnmel, Feb 20, 12:06am
wat size pans please?

adamnmel, Feb 20, 12:07am
duh...blonde moment...found pan sizes in recipes lol

kiwigoldie, Feb 20, 12:39am
yes....apples are a surprise...its what keeps them beautifully moist...as the recipe has no eggs or butter....

buzzy110, Feb 20, 1:30am
Are they really that good? I tried a mouthful of one from a cafe in the Coromandel and it was awful. Didn't taste anything like a really good chocolate brownie is supposed to taste, more like a doughy cake. Perhaps they made it incorrectly. What do you think? Bad cooking?

andrea1978, Feb 20, 7:38am
Google destitute gourmet chocolate brownie - you won't regret it!

wimwam1, Feb 20, 8:27am
This is by far the best brownie ever
the secret is to cook it long and slowly until the outside is crunchy but the middle is still a little gooey,
not sure of exact cooking time as
I just do it by touch but around an hour at 150c and definitely not fan bake! Here goes 200g self raising flour,
400g choc chips, 200g cocoa,
800g sugar - mix together then in seperate bowl, whisk together lightly with fork 8 eggs and 400g butter, pour in to
dry mix and gently mix together,
pour into very well greased and lined a roasting dish would do it. I made it that size for the cafe and have a special
brownie tin, so it does make
quite a lot. Oh and line the dish with baking paper first it makes life a lot easier. This makes a very large brownie as
used for cafe proportions so
you may want to halve for home.

andrea1978, Feb 20, 8:46am
chocolate brownie

200g chocolate (I use pam's cooking chocolate, sometimes Whittaker's Dark, but Pam's works best)
2c sugar
225g butter

Mix these all in a pot over a low heat until melted.I use the lowest heat on the stove top.

Take off the heat & let cool.When it has cooled, add 4 eggs, 1 at a time & beat in.

Then add 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla essence (not imitation essence!)
Stir in

Add 1/2 cup sifted cocoa &
&
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
Mix

I then use a rectangular pyrex dish that has baking paper in it.Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes-35 minutes.(It takes 30 minutes in my oven).

Do not use a skewer like you would with a cake to test if it's ready, you will overcook it if you do this.It is meant to be sticky in the middle.

I only use the pot to melt & then mix the whole recipe up in - it's quick, easy & people love it.Enjoy :)

adamnmel, Feb 19, 8:12pm
i want one that tastes like the ones u buy in a cafe lol Big,thick,gooey and chocolaty.any help much apreciated

ribzuba, Feb 19, 9:19pm
200g chocolate
200g butter
240g brown sugar
3 eggs
60g flour
melt butter and chocolate.beat eggs and sugar till thick and pale, add flour.pour in choc mixture.bake at 180deg until stops jiggling.
you can top this with a ganache icing or before you bake try adding things like raspberries, chilli, hokey pokey, nuts, white choc chips.endless varities

kiwigoldie, Feb 19, 11:09pm
Ingredients
• 1 cup unsweetened apple purée/sauce
• 1/3 cup cocoa
• 3/4 cup self-raising flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 3/4 cup (70g) walnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 175°C and lightly spray or oil a 20x20cm baking dish.

Place apple purée in a medium-sized bowl. Sift in the cocoa, flour and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix as this will toughen the brownies. Gently fold in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and bake for around 25-30 minutes or until the centre feels set and fudgy when a skewer is inserted.

Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before turning out. Cool completely before slicing into squares. If desired, dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.

I omit the walnuts -as i dont like them.this brownie recipe is devine.rich and wonderful.i sometimes stew up apples and puree in blender and once even didnt have enough apple puree and pureed some tinned pineapple.i also for emergencies buy the medium tin of Pams pureed apples.it is pure apples and just the right size tin for this recipe.

adamnmel, Feb 19, 11:49pm
Thanku sooo much.having a mean craving!Apples tho!!thats unusual-cant wait to try them tho.thx

adamnmel, Feb 20, 12:06am
wat size pans please!

adamnmel, Feb 20, 12:07am
duh.blonde moment.found pan sizes in recipes lol

kiwigoldie, Feb 20, 12:39am
yes.apples are a surprise.its what keeps them beautifully moist.as the recipe has no eggs or butter.

oh.and i use signature brand cocoa.its really chocolatey.

buzzy110, Feb 20, 1:30am
Are they really that good! I tried a mouthful of one from a cafe in the Coromandel and it was awful. Didn't taste anything like a really good chocolate brownie is supposed to taste, more like a doughy cake. Perhaps they made it incorrectly. What do you think! Bad cooking!

bev00, Feb 20, 10:39am
so many choc brownies so little time

bev00, Aug 18, 10:59am
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutesIngredients:
•8- 1 ounce squares of unsweetened chocolate
•1 cup butter
•5 eggs
•3 cups sugar
•1 tablespoon vanilla
•1-1/2 cups flour
•1 teaspoon salt
•2-1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat; set aside. In a mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla at high speed for 10 minutes**. Blend in chocolate mixture, flour and salt until just mixed. Stir in the nuts. Pour into prepared pan.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. (Don't overbake.) Cool and frost if desired, but that is not necessary.

** It's not required, but this is when it's very nice to own a stand mixer.

This is one of the best brownie recipes.

Quotemelissaliam (57 )9:38 am

bev00, Aug 18, 11:02am
200g butter
150g unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts, if desired

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.

Melt butter and chocolate in a pan over low heat. Remove from heat and cool slightly. While chocolate is cooling, mix together the sifted flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

In another bowl, beat together the 4 eggs. Beating steadily and briskly, ideally with a whisk, add the eggs 1/4 cup at a time (or in four steps) to the cooled chocolate mixture, beating each time until well combined.

With a spoon or spatula, stir in sugar and vanilla, then add dry ingredients, mixing until well combined. Add walnuts, if desired.

Scrape batter into ungreased pan of approximately 22cm by 33cm. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/recipes/5462372/Top-tips-for-baking-brownies