Date loaf for elleheim

korbo, Feb 18, 10:45pm
maybe got the name wrong.
anyway here is grandmas date loaf. so yummy.
Dissolve 1 teas b.soda in 1 large cup boiling water.
Pour ove 1 large cup dates(measure then chop up).
leave to cool.
Beat 1 egg, and 1 teacup sugar.
Add dates, water and 1 tblesp butter (melted.
Then mix in 2 large cups flour, 1 teaspn B.Powder.
1/2 teasp salt.
handful chopped walnuts.
put into greased or paper lined loaf tin. Bke 180...1 hour. check for doneness.

hope it works out nice for you.

jessie981, Feb 19, 12:06am
Date Loaf (my mum used to bake)
1c cold water
1c dates
1oz butter
1/2c sultanas
1/2c sugar
Boil above & cool. Add 1&1/2c flour, 1&1/2tsps b/powder, 1tsp b/soda, pinch of salt (opt0
Approx 1hr @ 160

paghan, Feb 19, 2:00am
I had some Vanilla tea bags, which had cinnamon in and I didn’t like them , so instead of throwing them out, I made the tea with the cup of water you use for the liquid about 5 tea bags for the 1 cup of water, soak the dates in that and proceeded with the recipe as usual. It is VERY yummy and adds a little bit more taste, I am now going to buy some more tea bags to put in the pantry for the next loaf.

supercook, Feb 19, 3:45am
This is great recipe but I leave out the walnuts. I slice and put in the freeze.

misilon, Feb 19, 3:51am
Im going to make this,.. and Ive saved your's too jessie and paghan ty so much

elliehen, Feb 19, 5:16am
korbo, many thanks.Name's near enough - it's your grandma's recipe I'm after and now I have it.Cheers :)

duobpsm5li, Jul 13, 11:57pm
Super easy and no kneading! Batter White Bread1 pagkcae dry yeast2 tbsp Crisco shortening1 bd c. warm water2 tsp salt2 tbsp. Sugar3 c. all purpose flourDissolve yeast in warm water. Mix Crisco, sugar, salt and 1 bd c. flour in a large bowl. Add yeast, stirring constantly. Beat vigorously as you add the rest of the flour.Cover with cloth and let double in bulk in a warm, but not hot place.Do not punch but stir down. Spoon batter into 10 inch loaf pan and pat with floured hand to shape.Let rise, covered, another 30 minutes. Bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees.Cool slightly and remove from pan. Loaf should have a 'hollow' sound when thumped on the bottom. Place loaf on rack and brush top with melted butter.

5qlh03eaj, Jul 14, 11:33am
I had a blind date on Valentine's last year. We went to a concert and then ate at my fatvrioe dessert place. It actually was a very nice date, but I never heard from him again. This year I'll be dining with my sweetie in a very low-key kind of event. I'm looking forward to it not being a big deal.

rl4do15jvdk1, Jul 16, 11:31am
The average loaf has 12 sicels so if that is all you have you can only make about 6 sandwiches. Chips cost about 2 bucks. Don't get pre-made sandwiches. It's cheaper to make them your own.