I love the Recipes section

dbab, Feb 18, 10:07pm
Yesterday I made petal1955's Date Loaf. it's lovely and moist - perfect
Today I have onekiwigirl's bread cooking in my slow cooker. It's risen nearly to the top and I can't wait to try it. It was easy to make.
I've NEVER been able to make bread (other than in a bread maker which my daughter has now).

onekiwigirl, Feb 18, 10:33pm
Well done! That is great to hear, so you now have another use for your slowcooker!! I used to think all you could make in the slowcookers was goulashes and stews which is pretty boring, but how wrong I was!

onekiwigirl, Feb 19, 12:06am
Lets see some photos!

juliewn, Feb 19, 8:07am
Good for you.. bet it smells good too..

Would you share the Date Loaf recipe here please - just tried to find it.. thanks.. :-)

robyn35, Feb 19, 8:12am
yip the recipes section rocks, I have got heaps of recipes from here many have become absolute favourites.I have also learnt how to use my slow cooker for many things other than stews, we particulary love the golden syrup steamed pudding.

petal1955, Feb 19, 8:38am
Good for you.. bet it smells good too..

Would you share the Date Loaf recipe here please - just tried to find it.. thanks.. :-)
Quote juliewn
Date & Walnut loaf

Ingredients
240g (1 1/2 cups) pitted dried dates, halved
310mls (1 1/4 cups) water
100g (1/2 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
80g butter, cubed
Melted butter, for greasing
300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1 x 100g pkt walnut pieces
Method
Place the dates, water, brown sugar and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
Remove from the heat and pour into a heat-resistant bowl. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 170°C. Brush a 9.5cm x 19.5cm (base measurement) loaf pan with the melted butter to grease.
Sift the flour and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs to the date mixture and stir to combine. Pour the date mixture into the flour mixture and use a wooden spoon to combine. Add the walnuts and stir to combine.
Spoon the mixture into the greased pan and bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Turn onto a wire rack to cool.

juliewn, Feb 19, 9:06am
Thanks Petal.. will make this tomorrow.. thanks for sharing your recipe..:-)