Your recipes~ spinach & riccotta cannelloni

kiwipossum, Feb 17, 4:58am
ive already used the search bar and found nothing useful
i have 750g ricotta and 500g frozen spinach and a 250g box of cannelloni
also have a few jars of pasta sauce
never made it before so and tipd would be appreciated:)

jessie981, Feb 17, 5:24am
Did you see this?
Mum had silverbeet in her garden that needed using so I'm reinventing spinach & ricotta cannelloni.

So far I have sweated off chopped onion, garlic and silverbeet, a handful of sunflower seeds & seasoned with s&p, oregano & parsley.
When it's a bit cooler I'm going to add cottage cheese with chives, grated cheese & an egg yolk or 2.

I'll fill the cannelloni with this mix, lay them in a baking dish & pour chopped tomatoes over.
Sprinkle over a bit more cheese & bake at 200C for about 30 min.

karenz, Feb 17, 5:27am
http://www.nzwomansweekly.co.nz/food/recipes/spinach-and-ricotta-cannelloni/story/3735226/

This is probably what I would do too, though I usually have some mince with mine

kiwipossum, Feb 17, 5:44am
yes i did see that one jessie but i dont have any cottage cheese and no eggs would you beleive the supermarket had NONE! must be something to do with the flooding over here in ozzie!!

kiwipossum, Feb 17, 5:46am
thanks karen that one looks great but it has eggs too is that a standard ingredient ?eek!! want to make it for tea tonight!!

charlieb2, Feb 17, 5:51am
Not much help, but I always make the one of the back of the San Remo packet..Its nice.Has egg in it too, though, I think from memory.You could always just try it without the egg...

karenz, Feb 17, 5:54am
If I didn't have eggs, I would just do the onion and garlic thing, mix in the thawed out spinach, squeezing out as much water as possible and mix in some tomato paste to bind it.Stuff the tubes and pour the pasta sauce over the top and grate cheese over the top.If you have cream that is good but you can go without it, and if you don't have parmesan any other cheese is good.Will still taste nice.If you don't have tomato paste you could probaby leave that out too, it will just not be as firm.

karenz, Feb 17, 5:54am
And cottage cheese is just a cheaper alternative to Ricotta.Ricotta is a lot nicer.

karenz, Feb 17, 5:55am
Duh, of course add the ricotta!

kiwipossum, Feb 17, 6:04am
ok thanks karen will let you know how i get on:)