Annabel langbein crispy pork belly recipe any1?

Page 1 / 2
darlingmole, Feb 15, 12:35am
x3
Pak'n'Save have pork on special this week so bought some and would LOVE to try out her recipe - have tried googling it to no avail.Watched it on telly but stupidly didn't write it down.If anyone has it I'd be thrilled if you'd share it with you:-)

maynard9, Feb 15, 12:49am
Your local Library may have a copy.

maysept, Feb 15, 1:27am
x14
This one from her new book?

Crispy Pork Belly
Preheat oven to 240c. Pat skin of 1-1.2kg piece pork belly dry and season the flesh side with ground black pepper and 1/2tsp salt. Sprinkle 2-3 sage leaves on the bottom of a baking dish and put the pork on top, skin side up. Season the top with 1/2tsp salt. Roast 20-30 minutes @ 240c, until starting to blister and crackle,watch closely for burning.
Pour 2-2 &1/2 c milk around the meat to come up 1/2- 2/3 of the way up the sides of the pork. Reduce heat to 160c and roast a further 1 &1/2 hours or until the meat is meltingly tender. Check the level of the liquid during cooking and if it has evaporated, add a little more to the pan. Remove the pork from the oven and dish, allow it to cool. Discard the liquids (which break into curds) For easy cutting, place the meat flesh side up on a chopping board and use a heavy , sharp knife to cut into slices 3-4 cm thick. Serve warm.

darlingmole, Feb 15, 2:34am
x2
thank you SO much maysept ... that's the one.From the show I watched it looks suculent.Will be cooking that this week!

gardie, Feb 15, 3:34am
Just make sure that when you put the milk in, you have heated it first.The cold milk cracks the hot dish otherwise.You'd have thought I'd know better!!!

pickles7, Feb 15, 3:44am
mmmmmmm than to cook pork, in milk.

tehenga288, Feb 15, 6:49am
yes that's where I get mine - good prices too

dreamers, Feb 15, 7:28am
Made Annabels recipe for friends and thought it was boring,wouldn't waste good pork belly on her recipe again.

supercook, Feb 15, 8:18am
That happened to me and what a mess lucky i managed to save the pork belly.

seahorse8, Feb 16, 3:49am
I got mine from the auzzie butcher.Sometimes farmgate at the Hobsonville markets have them and they are the bees knees

karenz, Feb 16, 5:40am
Does the skin of the pork go like crackling and do you have to score the skin?

cinny19, Feb 16, 8:06am
yes she said she got the butcher to score the skin for her but you can do it with a sharp knife and the salt it and then dry the skin by giving it a good wipe over with absorbentpaper towel

j9, Feb 16, 8:23am
done this recipe many times, nicest pork we have ever eaten,just make sure the skin is nice and crisp before adding the milk and turning the oven down

sleyle, Feb 17, 5:14am
What supermarkets sell pork belly around Waitakere!Local Countdown doesn't.

sleyle, Feb 17, 5:14am
What supermarkets sell pork belly around Waitakere?Local Countdown doesn't.

lyl_guy, Feb 17, 9:08am
I live in Waitakere and have never seen it here.Take a trip into the city - New World Franklin Rd has an AMAZING range of meats and other foods.... they have nice pork belly there.I've also bought some from Countdown in St Lukes, where I sometimes shop.

lyl_guy, Feb 17, 9:08am
I live in Waitakere and have never seen it here.Take a trip into the city - New World Franklin Rd has an AMAZING range of meats and other foods. they have nice pork belly there.I've also bought some from Countdown in St Lukes, where I sometimes shop.

m41, Feb 17, 9:22am
sleyle - the butcher in henderson i think ( its aussie one ) it got fruit world and a fish shop and bakery and the cash converters all in the same block off railside ave.
They sell everything meat wise and i buy my pork belly .

sleyle, Feb 18, 5:07am
Thanks for the ideas, I will go shopping tomorrow :-)

gerry64, Feb 18, 5:41am
to serve 4 people how big would the piece need to be taking into account shrinkage etc - just normal portions

jvb, May 14, 2:55am
Hi

Countdown Westgate has pork belly all the time.

Smiles, J

guest, May 22, 12:05am
can't wait to try this :)

guest, Jun 23, 2:42pm
-1'

guest, Aug 21, 6:59am
Have tried tonnes of recipes for crispy pork belly (with v long cooking times) with poor results ...this one works!

guest, Aug 27, 4:54am
I just bought some from Countdown Westcity and will be making this tonight. Looked amazing on TV