Could you use a muffin recipe...

korbo, Feb 14, 8:48am
to make 1/2 sweet and 1/2 savoury muffins.
Hubby is not that keen on muffins, and sometimes i dont want 12 muffins. (If I put them in the freezer I forget them), so wondered if anyone had a basic recipe, that I could put, say banana in half, and then cheese,onion ect in other 1/2. thanks.

jessie981, Feb 14, 9:07am
BASIC MUFFIN RECIPE
INGREDIENTS: 1¾ cups Self Raising Flour 2-3 tablespoons castor sugar 1 egg lightly beaten ¾ cup milk 4 oz butter, melted 1 teaspoon Baking Powder Vanilla Essence METHOD: Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl. Into a small bowl, melt butter, and add milk. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, and mix. Do Not over beat. ¾ fill muffin tins. Bake 400 deg F, or 220 deg C for 10 - 15 minutes, just above middle of oven.

VARIETIES TO TRY: *Add spices (mixed spice, cinnamon) and dried or fresh fruit chopped. *Essences, or lemon or orange juice, and grated peel. *Sprinkle with brown sugar, and cinnamon mixed together. *Add dried fruits, e.g. sultanas, currants, chopped apricots. *Add chopped fresh fruit e.g. apple, banana, apricot, peach, rhubarb, blueberries, raspberries etc.
Quote theanimal1 (76 )10:41 am, Tue 24 Aug #6

harrislucinda, Feb 14, 9:08am
myhubbyisnot keeneitherbutasitisreallyjustacakeinroundtinswhydontyoudo asidoasputmixturein acaketinorslicetrayandthenjustcutasasliceseewhathappensthenbutdonttellhim

lx4000, Feb 14, 9:25am
Basic Muffin Mix

BOWL 1

4 tspn BP
2 C Flour
3/4 C Sugar

BOWL 2

1/2 C Oil
1 C Milk
1 Egg

Add bowl 1 to bowl 2 and Just mix.

Spoon into muffin tins.

Bake 15 mins approx at 200

Add what ever you like to flavor them up:)

korbo, Feb 15, 12:53am
thank you all.

susieq9, Feb 15, 2:08am
You can just halve the recipe. I do this quite often. Especially if I have the oven on for other things.