Mint Jelly using gelatin(e)

rodcindy, Feb 13, 11:07pm
Anyone have a recipe that they would like to share please??Also a REALLY good pesto recipe.. suitable to bottle in jars for preserving.Thanks in advance

fifie, Feb 13, 11:38pm
x3
Digby Laws recipe.
Mint Jelly.
Nice with lamb or mutton.
1 cup malt vinegar, 1 cup water, 2 taqblespoons sugar, 4 teaspoons gelatine, 1 cup finly chopped fresh mint.
Bring vinegar, water and sugar to the boil, stirring till sugar is disolved.Boil a few minutes. Sprinkle gelatine over a little cold water stand for a few minutes to soften then stir it into the vinegar mixture till it is dissolved. Add the mint.
Remove from heat allow to cool but not set. Spoon into small jars and cover.
Fishers Recipe.
Pistachio Mint Pesto:
1/2 cup pistachio nuts 40g mint leaves 2 cloves garlic - crushed 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese 4 tbsp olive oil
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until very finely chopped and paste forms.

petal1955, 3 days, 5 hours
x1
MINT JELLY
• 8 Tbsp sugar (I used a little less)
2 cups white wine vinegar (I used 1 3/4 white wine, 1/4 malt for depth of colour)
1 packet lime jelly crystals
1/2 cup sherry
30 mint leaves, chopped
good handful of finely chopped rosemary leaves
Heat vinegar, sugar and jelly crystals until sugar dissolved. Add sherry, mint and rosemary.
Pour into very clean, oven-heated jars. Top with boiled lids.
(This will fill three smallish jars at approx total cost of $6 each.)
Cool, then refrigerate. Shake vigorously every half hour or so to distribute herbs.
Probably pay to keep it in the fridge.

Digby Law’s Mint Jelly

• "This is delicious with cold meats, especially mutton or lamb."
1 cup each of malt vinegar, water and finely chopped fresh mint
2 tbsp sugar
4 tsp powdered gelatine
Bring the vinegar, water and sugar to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Boil for a few minutes. Sprinkle the gelatine over a little cold water, let stand for a few minutes to soften, then stir it into the vinegar mixture until it is dissolved. Add the mint.I also add a few drops of green food colouring. Remove from the heat and allow to cool, but not set. Spoon into small, clean jars and cover.