Curry using curry powder

toeblister, Feb 12, 8:30pm
To all the wonderful cooks out there, who help me so often with recipes I bought what appears to be awesome curry powder from a 'farmers market' yesterday and intend to make a curry for dear I say it a 'Valentines' dinner. Is there any recipes that still use 'Curry powder' for I surely can't find one. I would once again be grateful for any assistance.

kiwibubbles, Feb 12, 8:33pm
i use it in quite a few dishes.. curried cauliflower, a chicken dish with chicken breasts, tinned tomatoes, curry powder and currants....a container of curry powder generally lasts me over a year

petal1955, Feb 12, 8:43pm
KIWI STYLE CURRIED SAUSAGES

8 Sausages
1 onion chopped
1 apple diced
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 cup sultanas
1 cup water
1 tsp instant chicken stock powder
2 tbsp apricot or plum jam
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp corn flour
Brown the sausages gently in a large fry pan.Add the onion and cook until lightly browned.Add the apple and the curry powder.Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring to coat the sausages, onion and apple.

Add the remaining ingredients, (except the corn flour) and stir well to combine.Cover and cook over a low heat for 20-30 minutes.Mix the corn flour with a little water and make a thin paste.Stir into the sausage mixture and reheat till mixture thickens.
Serve with rice or mashed potato.

Can use chicken or beef or lamb or whatever meat/fish you like

toeblister, Feb 12, 9:09pm
Posters thank you for your replys. Kiwibubbles could you share your chicken breast recipe with me please.Petal1955 I had a big grin to myself when I saw your reply.I envisaged that kind posters would perhaps give me a beef, lamb, or chicken recipe you have no idea how much I loooooove curried sausages. Many thanks :)

fisher, Feb 12, 11:29pm
Golden Lamb CurryServe with rice.
Ingredients:
1kg diced lamb leg steaks .. 1 tbsp oi..l1 large onion..2 tbsp mild curry paste..1 tbsp garlic..1 tbsp minced ginger.. 1 tsp ground cardamom..1 tsp salt..1 can peeled tomatoes (in juice)..11/2 cups pumpkin diced..2 cups beef stock .. 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt...
Method:
Season lamb with salt and pepper.. Heat oil and brown meat.. Set aside.
In same frypan, sauté onion until lightly browned. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, cardamom and salt and cook until fragrant.Now add all ingredients (except yoghurt) to crockpot..
Cook on low for 4 - 5 hrs... Stir in yoghurt just before serving.

fisher, Feb 12, 11:32pm
Spicy Chicken Curry
Ingredients:
Two medium sized onions..5 cloves of garlic..1 tbsp ginger..tinned chopped tomatoes.. 1 tbsp soy sauce..coconut milk..curry powder ..
3carrots .. 1potato..handful of beans..
Method:
Par boil the carrots, potatoes.Next, sauté in olive oil, onions garlic and ginger. Then add quarter can of tinned chopped tomatoes, 3/4 can of coconut milk , soy sauce,2 tbsp of curry powder, the potato, carrots and beans.
Boil chicken pieces in water in a separate pot, then peel off the skin. Stir fry the chicken for a minute or two and add the chicken to the pan.
If you wish, add 3-4 tbsp of desiccated coconut.
Simmer for about 10 minutes.

fisher, Feb 12, 11:40pm
Beef
500 gm beef steak-small cubes..1 cup tomato sauce..2 tsp curry powder (more if you want)..2 tbsp brown sugar .. 1/4 tsp ground cloves...1/4 cup vinegar.. 1 cup water..large onion-diced..3/4 cup sultanas .. salt and pepper... In casserole dish, mix all together.
Bake in 180C 1 hour or until tender.Serve with rice.

toeblister, Feb 13, 12:42am
Thanks fisher, much appreciated. :)

guest, Jan 11, 10:31am
Arctelis like this just make me want to visit your website even more.

guest, Jan 14, 10:06am
This still surprises me, how some polepe have no idea about Kinovelax Diet Plan (just google it), although a lot of polepe get great results with it. Thanks to my cousin who told me about Kinovelax Diet Plan, I've lost a ton of weight by using it without starving myself.