Molly37 your delicious lemon tart recipe pls

Page 1 / 2
lindylambchops1, Feb 12, 3:48am
Molly37 under the thread what do you use your food processor for?you mentioned a delicious lemon tart you make.Can you please post the recipe?TIA

molly37, Feb 12, 4:26am
Hi, Its in the Jo Segar All Things Nice Cookbook. Citrus Tart.
125g Butter
1 C Flour
1/2C Icing Sugar
Place it all in Food Processor and run till it clumps together. Use floured hands, press mix into base of loose bottomed flan tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
1Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 C Lemon Juice
Grated rind of 2 Lemons
2 Tablespoons of Custard Powder, but I used cornflour as I was out. (I liked in better than when I used custard powder personally).
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Eggs
Icing Sugar to dust.
Place all the filling into the food processor and run till combined. Pour into chilled base. Bake for 25 mins until pastry crisp and golden and filling set. Dust with icing sugar.
Its Easy Peasy.!!

lx4000, Feb 12, 6:05am
sound great!! ty:)

lindylambchops1, Feb 12, 6:21am
awww Molly37 Many thanks you are a treasure! X;)

sue1955, Feb 12, 7:29am
Can I just check something - does the base have to be blind baked? Is the baking time of the tart 25mins at 180c? Thanks.

molly37, Feb 12, 9:00am
Just chill the base, no blind baking required.
Yes 25mins@ 180c. Sorry I forgot to add that.
yum, now i want to make it again.

sue1955, Feb 12, 11:34pm
Well I've made it, but why did some of the mixture leak out all over the bottom of the oven? I always blind bake my bases so that this doesn 't happen, so what did I do wrong?

lx4000, Feb 13, 3:28am
Was the base thick round the bottom edge and base?
Did it overflow?
Was it in the tin, in the fridge and taken out when ready to pour in and into the oven?

sue1955, Feb 13, 5:56am
1. yes
2. not overflow, just leaked out the bottom
3. yes

Help!

lx4000, Feb 13, 6:56am
mmMMmm

I don't made dishes like this so waits for an experts opinion!

I'm wondering where it should be placed in the oven! Maybe thats the trick??

molly37, Feb 13, 7:58am
Oh, thats no good, mine has never leaked, however you reminded me that there was always too much filling for my size dish and i always had some overflow if I wasnt careful. I wonder if your base was thick or chilled enough. Did it taste OK.

lx4000, Feb 13, 8:01am
mmMmm Maybe make a bit more cust then? Also what size dish.

sue1955, Feb 13, 9:36am
I didn't do the pastry recipe, but used a piece of ready rolled short sweet pastry which at the time I thought it may have been too thick. Put it into a 20" loose bottom flan tin where the mixture didn't fill it all the way to the top. Chilled the basefor 30mins. The pastry cooked well, but I had to take it out of the oven at 20mins because of the leakage burning on the bottom of the oven.What was left of the filling tasted lovely so I got that bit right.
My daughter has a FoodScience degree & is also a wonderful baker/cook, so tomorrow I'm going to get her to try & work out where I went wrong. (I will not be beaten by this lol).

lx4000, Feb 13, 9:49am
mmm Maybe the pasatry too thin.

elliehen, Feb 13, 9:51am
I'm not very keen on loose-bottom pans when there's a liquid filling involved.

glenys21, Feb 15, 2:37am
Made this recipe as well and had the same problem and put it down to the loose-bottom pan. Started leaking before I made it to the oven so quickly whipped it into a solid round dish. Solved and yummy when cooked!!

sue1955, Feb 15, 5:35am
thanks for that bit of news. I'm going to try this again doing just what you did.

workingman1, Feb 15, 7:55pm
Hi, do/would you have this hot or is it better eaten cold thanks.

glenys21, Feb 15, 10:16pm
Both are very nice.!!

unknowndisorder, Sep 5, 10:11am
Righto, going to read and stop looking at what recipes we're looking at loosing soon

zappi, Sep 5, 9:08pm
Ive made this recipe heaps of times and never had a problem with a loose bottom tin.I just made the pastry up and chilled and then pressed into the tin and poured the mixture in and baked.Was lovely every time.

griffo4, Sep 12, 5:39am
l lost this recipe and after searching high and low l came here and used the search and found it thank you for posting it on here
l should have saved my time and come here first,lol
l have always made mine in a solid dish as l don't like the loose bottom ones with runny fillings
This is such a nice recipe l made another one last night but it didn't have the taste like this one but that recipe never had the custard powder or lemon zest in it and it didn't have the same zing
l really like Jo's recipe because they do have good flavours

molly37, Sep 12, 6:24am
Yes it is nice, I make it with cornflour sometimes instead of custard powder.

shellz213, Sep 12, 6:37am
I also use this recipe and sometimes instead of making one big pie I use my mini muffin pan, add some lime to the recipe and make mini lemon and lime tarts . last time I made them for after work drinkees and they were a really big hit!

griffo4, Sep 13, 5:39am
l lost this recipe and after searching high and low l came here and used the search and found it thank you for posting it on here
l should have saved my time and come here first,lol
l have always made mine in a solid dish as l don't like the loose bottom ones with runny fillings
This is such a nice recipe l made another one last night but it didn't have the taste like this one but that recipe never had the custard powder or lemon zest in it and it didn't have the same zing
l really like Jo's recipe because they do have good flavours