Roasting capsicums

andi.surf, Mar 6, 11:43pm
Sorry dum questionbut how do you roast these and how long please

jessie981, Mar 7, 1:43am
Cooking (off Google)
Capsicums are a very versatile fruit. To prepare, cut in half and remove the seeds and membrane. When preparing the small varieties, cut off the top and scoop out the seeds and membrane. Slice capsicums and use them raw in salads, cooked in kebabs, sprinkled on pizzas, in stir-fries or added to casseroles. They're also delicious stuffed and roasted, barbecued or chargrilled. To roast capsicums, quarter and deseed them, then cook under a grill for 6-8 minutes or until the skin is charred and blistered. Place in a sealable plastic bag and set aside for 5 minutes (the steam in the bag will help lift the skin). Peel off the skin, then slice and add to antipasto platters or pasta sauces, or serve on toasted sourdough bread.

beaker59, Mar 7, 2:00am
I have an old cake rack I place over the gas ring I then rotate the whole capsicums with tongs until well blistered then peel when cool. might try the plastic bag trick thats sounds good.

eastie3, Oct 8, 8:55pm
Another way is to place the peppers in a bowl, cover with gladwrap and a tea towel, leave until cool, then peel. The charred bits add flavour so I'm not fastidious about removing every last bit.