Tofu recipie for kids to try

tarshlove, Feb 10, 1:29am
So my 2 kids want to try tofu, so i brought some and don't really have a recipe for it to be used it. Anyone have a kid safe recipe so they can try the stuff? TYIA

zappi, Feb 10, 1:41am
We recently tried the plain tofu.We just made a stir fry vegetables and added the tofu in large dice and also a jar of sweet and sour sauce.Was OK but we then tried the tofu that is marinated in honey and ginger (I think) and made the stir fry.Much nicer.So perhaps if time marinate the tofu before using .Our kids liked it also.

tarshlove, Feb 10, 3:28am
Thanks Zappi :o) Anyone else have some Ideas for ans 9 and 5 yr old to try some?

uli, Feb 10, 3:37am
Don't feed soy to kids if you can help it!

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

blurta_bug, Feb 10, 3:52am
I've been vego since I was9, my family have never had any problems with children and soy. My bf is non-vego, and he likes tofu when its coated in soy sauce, just pan fry with a little oil and soy sauce.

uli, Feb 10, 3:53am
Congrats - you seem to have been lucky so far. How old are you now?

blurta_bug, Feb 10, 3:56am
20. To be honest, go online and you can find sites claiming that anything is awful and bad for you. Many household foods cleaners etc have been linked to cancer etc. Tofu has been around for a while, and Asian countries have generally had good health records.

uli, Feb 10, 4:01am
I am not going to get into a discussion with you. Just "believe" what you like and go from there.

I have listed many many links to the toxicity of soy on here over the years -in fact the first time I came across it was at uni in a book called "toxicity of food stuff" (translated) which was some of the reading material we needed for the exam.

Even in the 1950's and 1960's it was well established how bad the stuff was (then only added to animal foods) - so if you are keen research it - if not - keep eating it - no skin of my nose really.

Good luck in any case.

fronta1, Feb 10, 4:03am
I am a tofu freak, and no I don't suffer for it. The tofu conspiracy will be round for years.Asian people have great skin and health when their main diet is tofu.
Sweet and Spicy Tofu Nuggets
These little tofu nuggets are baked in a sweet and spicy sauce for a delectable dish. If you like baked tofu or barbecue tofu, try this easy sweet and spicy baked tofu recipe.
Ingredients:
•1 block firm or extra firm tofu, cubed
•3 tbsp soy sauce
•3 tbsp maple syrup
•3 tbsp barbecue sauce
•2 tbsp ketchup
•2 tsp apple cider vinegar
•2 tsp hot sauce
Preparation:
In a baking dish, whisk together all ingredients and add tofu, coating well. Marinate at least one hour.
Bake at 375 degreed for 35 minutes, tossing occasionally to bake tofu evenly.

blurta_bug, Feb 10, 4:21am
I will continue to "believe" that a food product eaten for thousands of years with no related health issues is safe, and you can continue to "believe" in conspiracies. Don't you think the meat companies would have had a field day with this if it was true?
Tofu cheesecake is good, can't remember the recipe, but my mom used to make it :)