Calling all Fudge experts

tarshlove, Feb 10, 12:53am
Please help me get it right.
I tried the chelsa sugar recipe for Russian Fudge and it come out nothing like what I imagined please help with a no fail recipe or tips. TYIA

elliehen, Feb 10, 1:04am
This is a no-beat never-fail recipe, with a secret ingredient...Whittaker's white chocolate.

Bring to boil on medium heat stirring ALL the time:
1 cup brown sugar
125 gm butter (room temp so you're not starting from rock hard)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon golden syrup

Simmer on low for ten minutes, stirring ALL the time all around the pot to prevent little brown bits forming

Remove from heat and quickly stir in till melted 100 gms Whittaker's white chocolate

Pour into 20 cm square tin lined with baking paper

Do not cut until completely cold, for neat edges (the chocolate needs time to set)

Don't eat more than one piece a day!

Am not an expert, but was given this recipe which I make once a year ;)

valentino, Feb 10, 2:11am
Check out the "Confectionary Thread" (spelt with the a).

Quite a number of recipes in there.

Cheers.

jasmeen01, Feb 10, 2:14am
OMG! What ever recipe they use for the fair is soooooo good!

greerg, Feb 10, 6:52am
What was wrong with it Tarshlove?Not boiling the sugar and milk together for about three minutes can reduce setting.Stirring too much once its boiling can make it sugary although you need to stir it more .I use this slight modification of the Edmonds recipe and it always produces a nice smooth fudge'
675 grms sugar, ½ cup milk, 150 grms sweetened condensed milk, 112 grms butter, pinch salt, 1 tbspn golden syrup
Boil the sugar and milk together for three minutes then add other ingredients.Bring back to the boil then boil at a “moderate bubble” until the soft ball stage is reached.Remove from heat and beat with pot in a sink of cold water until thick (i.e. just before it is too thick to pour – when you lift a little mixture and drop it should take a while to sink back in).Pour into a greased 20 cm by 20 cm tin.Mark as soon as it is slightly set. Cut when cold.

robyn35, Feb 10, 7:53am
absolutely fail proof, buy Finns Fudge it is devine, the best I have tasted

melford, Feb 11, 6:21am
This is soooooo easy and soooooo good, thanks elliehen

elliehen, Feb 11, 7:36am
Pleased it worked for you, melford.

I tried a ginger variation with 1 tsp ground ginger in the cooking mix, and half a packet of chopped crystallised ginger added at the end with the white chocolate.That worked well too.