Silverbeet salad

jbsouthland, Feb 8, 9:05pm
Someone posted on here sometime ago a lovely salad they had eaten at a restaurant...please anyone remember it , had orange in it....

jbsouthland, Feb 8, 11:03pm
Thank youfifie ...thats the very one !!! Thanks again.

stomptheyard, Feb 9, 1:14am
I have another one for silversalad
1 Large bunch silverbeet, 1 red onion, finely diced, hanedful of either pinenuts or sunflower seeds.Dressing, in a jar add, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup oil, 1/2 cup masterfoods Teriyaki marinade, 2 tablespoons malt vinegar, 2 tablespoons worchestire sauce, shake and dress salad.I dont put dressing on until i am about to serve but make the dressing early enough and keep in the fridge, yummo and a hit

jbsouthland, Feb 9, 1:36am
Thanks stomptheyard !!!! all copied and will be tried.

jbsouthland, Feb 8, 9:05pm
Someone posted on here sometime ago a lovely salad they had eaten at a restaurant.please anyone remember it , had orange in it.

jbsouthland, Feb 8, 11:03pm
Thank youfifie .thats the very one ! Thanks again.

jbsouthland, Feb 9, 1:36am
Thanks stomptheyard ! all copied and will be tried.

uli, Dec 10, 4:42am
bump for silverbeet.

moore., Dec 16, 2:51am
i cant open that one, can you please put it on !

hort1, Dec 16, 3:08am
I tried to open it as well and had no luck so yes if you can put it on would be great.

petal1955, Dec 16, 9:03am
I do one.Slice up finely. leaves of washed silver beet.segments of oranges cut into pieces.thin slices of red onion.and slices of red/orange capsicums.and I make a dressing of peanut butter .honey.oil.balsamic-
vinegar.soy sauce.crushed garlic .and crushed ginger.

karenz, Dec 16, 11:52pm
I use baby spinach leaves with this but have also used smaller silverbeet leaves. Rub the inside of the salad bowl with cut garlic, cut cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle a little salt onto the cut part, cut avocado into small squares and squeeze lemon juice over, cook several strips of steaky bacon until very crisp.When you are ready to serve tear the silverbeet leaves into small pieces (or use spinach) then add the tomatoes and avocado, you can also add crumbled feta, add a sprinkle of olive oil and toss,at the last minute crumble the bacon over the top. It is even nicer if the bacon is still warm.

daleaway, Dec 17, 3:28am
I use silverbeet or spinach, or a mixture of the two - add tomato chunks, avocado, a little feta, fried bacon bits (cut them yourself), and whole almonds fried in the bacon fat with a little butter added if necessary. A squeeze of lemon juice over.
Plenty of calories to help those suffering from unwanted scrawniness, but it's only once a year.