Cob Loaf Recipe

jan444, Feb 7, 2:24am
Hey everybody, I have my engagement party coming up and would like to put a couple of these out for nibbles does anyone have yummy a recipe? thank you, also any other recipes for nice nibble ideas would be appreciated

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:39am
DIVINE GREEN DIP.
1 Cobb Loaf, 1 onion, 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese, 250g cream cheese, 1/4 tsp basil, 4 silverbeet leaves (cooked & well-drained). Cut the top off & hollow out the Cobb loaf, keeping the bread to cut into small serving-sized pieces for dipping. Mix all the remaining ingredients in a food processor & then pour the mixture into the Cobb shell & place the lid on i.e. the piece cut from the top of the loaf. Bake at 150°C for 1/2 hour. Serve warm. Note: From Julie– “This is absolutely divine but the bread is not enough on its own for dipping, so I always serve other things e.g. Snax crackers, finely sliced French bread .I have also done in it in small rolls for individual dips & my Aunt has served it up as a Vegetarian meal, 1 dinner roll with filling and lots of chopped up vegetables for each person.”
REposted by 245sam

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:40am
Spinach Dip
1 bunch spinach (fresh or frozen - if fresh cook and cool in fridge on paper towel to drain. If frozen - thaw and drain) Soften 1 pottle of cream cheese in microwave then add 1/2 tsp curry powder, 1 cup grated cheese and 2 cloves garlic - blend together in whizz with the spinach. Using a cobb loaf of bread, cut of the top and scoop out the bread leaving some lining the sides etc. Fill the inside with the spinach mixture - place the top back on and bake in oven for 40 mins (if bread starts to brown cover with some tinfoil) - cut up pita bread and place around the bread to crisp up- take about 5 min. Take the top off and serve on large platter with pitas for dipping.
posted by pauline64

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:41am
Cobb Loaf Dip
300ml sour cream, 8 rashers bacon, 250g frozen spinach, 250g cream cheese, 6 spring onions, 2 cloves garlic, 1 1/2 cups tasty grated cheese, 1 cobb loaf. Lightly cook bacon and onion, add spinach. Mix together sour cream and cream cheeses in a bowl, then add bacon mixture to this. Cut a circle in top of loaf and hollow, fill cobb loaf and place lid back on. Wrap 3 times in foil and cook for 2 hours in a mod hot oven. Enjoy

Cheesy Bread Dip
1 cob loaf, 8 rashers bacon, diced and cooked, 500g light sour cream, chopped chives, 8 spring onions chopped, 1 onion, finely chopped, 250g grated tasty cheese, 250g grated mozzarella cheese. Very easy mix all above ingrediants together then fill your hollowed cob loaf. Wrap in foil and place in hot oven, cook for 30-40 mins.

jan444, Feb 7, 2:44am
thanks so much yum!

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:45am
x1
cob loaf
just thought i would share a really yummy recipe that is easy to make and great to take along to functions 1 cob loaf 250g sour cream 250g cream cheese 1 cup grated cheese 2 tablespoons mayo i pkt onion soup 1 or 2 cloves of garlic slice top off loaf and scoop out all bread from inside mix all other ingredients in together and put inside loaf wrap in tinfoil and bake at 150 degrees and then serve with dipping bread or crackers Also you can add other things to it Pineapple,cheese,salmon,silver-
beet stc. there are no rules for these ingredients just trial and error Enjoy posted by lollie22

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:46am
Cobb Loaf
250g cream cheese, 1 cup each of mayonnaise and cheese, 1 onion (chopped), herbs and chopped ham, 1 x 440g can creamed corn, 1 Cobb or Vienna loaf (hollowed out). Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and cheese and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes. Add the onion, herbs, ham and corn. Put the mixture into a hollowed-out Cobb/Vienna Loaf. Bake at 100°C for 1/2 hour, then at 120°C for a further 15 minutes. posted by caro43

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:49am
Cheesey Asparagus Cob loaf
Made this for my friends 5oth and is was really great,aloy of people keep asking me for the recipe. 1 can of asparagus(drained.1 pky of Chicken Noodle soup,250g sour ctream,250 sizse Cream Cheese,mix all 4 first ingredients togetherThen hollow out the cob loaf about 1/3leaving bread for dipping afterwards.Place the mixture into bread loaf,wrap in Tinfoil and back at 180=200 for an hour,serye with bread crusts,french sticks or crackers,its is really yummy! posted by shadoe

winnie231, Feb 7, 2:53am
Many of the recipes are quite similar ... I hope the selection I have reposted give you some ideas.

stomptheyard, Feb 9, 1:18am
Omg just thought i would check out the recipes here as i love cobb dip and the top 3 were mine (sushimu) before i moved to Australia 3 years ago, nice to see others enjoy my recipes to lol

jbsouthland, Feb 9, 1:39am
thanks winnie ...We were wanting the recipes too.all sound yummy!!!