Ive just done the weeks baking, what did you bake

Page 2 / 117
bettyboots, Aug 9, 11:35am
Jaxma Hi, i would love a copy of your books. Thanks. "yvette70" it would be "extra" great.

humberston, Aug 12, 7:49am
jaxma would love a copy of both books if possible . what a fab thread this is
was trying to work out how to get
thanks

humberston, Aug 12, 7:55am
just read kobs post how sad but what an amazing thread how much joy has this thread created do you think ? how many peoples have beeninspired ? so a few people take advantage ! I bet they cant even bake ! ! love it ! please keep sharing

griffo4, Aug 14, 9:35pm
Jaxma Hi there l sent you a message through Old Friends are you still doing the book as l would love a copy? Can you please let me know if my email got through, thanks heaps.

dee5, Aug 15, 2:41am
Jaxma I would also like the 3rd installment, you can get me at gingedee at the g male place.
Thank you

whiskey13, Aug 16, 4:35am
Beetroot and Cardamon Cake I haven't posted for a while but here i am! ! 4 Eggs, lightly beaten; 1 1/2 cups Vege oil; 1 tsp vanilla;2 cups sugar; 2 cups beetroot-grated;1 cup carrots-grated;2 1/2 cups s-r flour; 1/4 tsp salt;1 tsp cinnamon;1 tsp nutmeg;2 tsp Cardamon;1/2 orange(zest for topping)
Set oven to 180 and line a 25cm cake tin with baking paper. Mix eggs;oil;vanilla;and sugar together. Add carrots and beetroot and stir to combine. Fold in dry ingredients. Place mix into prepared tin and bake 50-60 minutes until skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool befroe icing. Ice with cream cheese icing Yummo

uli, Aug 21, 6:46am
kob - could you elaborate further please? I was headhunted out of this thread a long time ago when I tried to say that there is something like copyright ... . However with the advent of votemenot the whole affair is getting beyond ridiculous anyway. So I am not here very often anymore. Would like to know what happened kob to make you change your mind so completely. Thanks!

whiskey13, Aug 22, 3:52am
Orange and Carrot Cake 250gms unsalted butter, softened, 250gms(1 cup) castor sugar, 4 large eggs, lightly beaten, 250gms(2 cups) plain flour, finely grated rind of 1 orange, 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder, 250gms carrot, finely grated, 50gm(1/2 cup) desiccated coconut, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Preheat the oven to 180*C. Lightly grease a round, 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin. Line the base with greaseproof paper.
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a teaspoon of flour with each addition. Mix in the orange rind.
Sift the remaining flour and the baking powder over and stir in gently. Carefully fold in the carrot, coconut and nutmeg.
Spoon the mixture into the tin and make a shallow hollow in the centre of the cake with the back of a spoon.

whiskey13, Aug 22, 3:53am
Orange and Carrot Cake cont. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
For the icing: 175gms cream cheese, 200gms(11/4 cups) icing sugar, sifted, orange rind, cut into julienne strips. Put the cream cheese, icing sugar and 1-teaspoon water into a bowl and beat together until smooth. Spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake. Arrange the strips of orange ring on the top of the cake and transfer to a serving plate.

whiskey13, Aug 22, 3:54am
I don't know if the above recipe has been posted before(cos theres been so many lol) but thought I'd add it anyway.

whiskey13, Aug 22, 3:55am
Iced Carrot Cake 2 large eggs, 185 (3/4 cup) castor sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 250gms carrot, finely grated, grated rind of 1 orange, 125mls (1/2 cup) canola oil, 185gms (1 1/2cups) plain flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons ground mixed spice, 30gms (1/4 cup) hazelnuts, toasted.
Preheat the oven to 180*C. Grease a1. 75litre, star shaped cake tin or a 20cm square cake tin. Line the base with baking paper.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer, until thick and creamy. Stir in the vanilla, carrots, orange rind and oil.
Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and mixed spice over the mixture and fold in with a plastic spatula. Chop the hazelnuts and stir in.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin. Bake for 40-45minutes, or until a warm skewer inserted into centre comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool in the tin.

whiskey13, Aug 22, 3:56am
Iced Carrot Cake cont. For the icing: 125gms cream cheese, 60gms unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 125gms (1 cup) icing sugar, sifted, 30g (1/4 cup) toasted, flaked hazelnuts, to decorate.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the butter, vanilla and icing sugar and beat until smooth.
When the cake is cold, turn out and remove the paper. Put on a serving plate and spread the icing over the top. Sprinkle with the flaked hazelnuts

whiskey13, Aug 22, 3:57am
Muesli Slice 2cups rolled oats, 2Tbsp wholemeal flour, 1cup dried mixed fruit eg apricots, dates, raisins, sultanas, figs; 1tsp cinnamon, 1tsp mixed spice, 1/4cup seeds eg pumpjin, sunflower, sesame; 1/2cup fruit juice, 1tbsp peanut butter, 1tsp coconut essence, 1tsp vanilla essence, 1egg, 1Tbsp brown sugar. Method: Mix the oats, flour, fruit, spices and seeds together. Stir in the juice, peanut butter and essences. Beat the egg and brown sugar together then combine all the ingredinets, mix well. Press into a sponge roll tin and cook 15mins @ 200C. when cold slice into 15 bars.

whiskey13, Aug 22, 4:00am
Ginger Kisses 125g butter, softened; 3/8 cup sugar; 1 egg; 1 tspn ginger; 1 tspn cinnamon; 1 rounded dessertspoon golden syrup; 75g flour; 75g cornflour; ½ tspn baking powder; ½ tspn baking soda Soften but don’t melt butter (in a microwave). Put it in a food processor with the sugar, egg, ginger, cinnamon and golden syrup, and process until smooth and light coloured. (Measure the golden syrup in a spoon that has been heated first. Have the spoon gently rounded but not heaped to maximum capacity. ) Measure the dry ingredients directly into food processor, then process until smooth. Spoon the mixture into a piping bag with a plain nozzle (Or into a clean plastic bag with the corner cut off. ) Line two oven trays with non-stick baking paper. Pipe the mixture into walnut sized mounds , on the trays. Leave a lot of space between, as these rise and spread. Place in a oven pre-heated to 220C. Turn down temperature to 210C as soon as the oven door is shut.

griffo4, Aug 23, 7:30am
Thank you Valentino for the Moroccan Honey and Mint Syrup Cake it is sooo nice and won't last round here. This is an awesome thread, thanks kob for starting it, l have made so many things from it and now l see Whiskey13 has posted more yummy recipes, thank goodness the garbage disposal unit is coming home from uni, lol. Just wish this was around 20yrs ago when kids were small

valentino, Aug 31, 8:54pm
Bumped... . .

valentino, Sep 16, 3:41am
Bumping for tja12 to have a big read... Hmmmmm

kob, Sep 16, 7:25pm
hi Uli its been so long im not sure what I am elaborating on but I am NOW over the copying saga I guess I had my feelings hurt that I would give you all my familys most secret recipes so you too could enjoys it, and 99% of people take that recipe cook it and enjoy BUT the 1 % wants to hock it off for profiting, I dont mind any recipes going into a fundraising book or being given to your freinds becasue this recipe is the bomb But to copy and put intoa book something that was never yours to own just annoys me, I understand about copyright etc

kob, Sep 16, 7:25pm
cont but how can you copyright a recipe that was your grandmothers recipe that she gave you as it had been your mothers fav recipe as she was growing up, and where did she originally get the recip from WHo knows so its not something to copyright UNE|LESS you originally owned the created recipe so its a stoned mullet really your stuck, but im over it like I said but will gaurd carefully any recipes that I dont want the world to share ill only share my advise and help those who need it to progress their cooking... . . be happy everyone life is too short

whiskey13, Sep 17, 1:09am
Yes kob life is too short, but from everyone in here that has posted recipes or found inspiration to bake from this thread, i would like to say a big THANK-YOU for starting it and to jaxma for putting together the file/folder of all the recipes. Not a day/week goes by that i don't pop in and have a look

valentino, Sep 27, 1:02am
z... .

jaxma, Oct 7, 10:39pm
Hey all :-)I'm still formatting Volume 3, but now with the new look messageboards, it's going to cause grief because I used the posting numbers as a guide of where I was up to. Without the numbers, I have a problem :-(I'm sure I'll work something out. Be patient, I don't have a lot of spare time and the re-formatting is a labour-intensive and incredibly boring task!

valentino, Oct 8, 3:35am
jaxma, the numbers are suppose to be coming back, could be tomorrow though.

Check Uli's thread in trade me discussion on the message board.

Cheers.

sunshine9, Oct 8, 5:57am
I think this site is wonderful!

I have made the blimmin good chocolate cake several times and several other things as well, but I am wondering whether anyone has a recipe for a sort of vanilla/plain cake like the chocolate cake i mentioned that can be baked in roasting dish as well?

Please please... ... .

whiskey13, Oct 11, 2:04am
Bumping for jaxma and the numbers coming back!