Harissa sauce

kcng, Feb 5, 3:09am
Had some really lovely prawns with Harissa sauce at a restaurant recently & would Like to try these at home but can only find harissa paste. Does anyone know how I can make the paste into a sauce, or will the paste be just like the sauce? Any suggestions
Appreciated. Thanks!

pickles7, Feb 5, 3:12am
seafood sauce? made with mayo and hot chili sauce, maybe a little tomato sauce to make it pinker.

davidt4, Feb 5, 5:27am
I would add some olive oil and lemon juice to the Harissa - just enough to loosen it it a bit so that it coats the prawns.Check the salt level as well as you will be diluting the overall flavour.

kcng, Feb 5, 9:02am
Thanks heaps, I'll give that a try. The restaurant sauce appeared quite creamy - would cream be ok to mix in with the paste?

unknowndisorder, Feb 5, 10:54pm
http://recipefinder.msn.co.nz/recipes/womensweekly/742034/marinated-prawns-with-creamy-harissa-sauce
you got me curious what harissa was. They used yoghurt for the creamy sauce. Didn't quite like the comment about the creamy hairs sauce can be made a day ahead hehehe

jed, Dec 30, 1:27am
YUM Just making Annabell Langbein's Harissa and will have a go at your recipe unknowndisorder.Thought the Harissa would be nice in cous cous as well.