Scotch Eggs - made with fish not meat

gerry64, Feb 4, 8:18pm
Had some at a function and they were very yummy - anyone have any ideas with the recipe please

olwen, Feb 4, 8:23pm
Perhaps something like a fishcake recipe.Mashed spuds, flaked fish (smoked??) and egg to bind, all nicely seasoned.

lx4000, Feb 4, 8:24pm
mmMmm veggie here but would say . . . .

smoked fish or cooked of your choice then the herbs you like with it with finely chopped onion. Add some mashed spud. Make them up from there and chill for a few hours before deep frying!
Correct me if I'm wrong please!!

olwen, Feb 4, 8:28pm
I just googled it "fish scotch eggs" Plenty of ideas there

gerry64, Feb 4, 9:34pm
yes olwen - but I ask as sometimes somebody has found a recipe and tried it - enjoy googling the recipes as well

jan2242, Feb 4, 9:47pm
This was done on masterchef (Australia?) and I noted down what was done. Not sure if it helps as I haven't tried it yet.
Soft boil eggs and wrap well in prawn meat. Dips balls in egg and breadcrumbs and fry.

gerry64, Feb 4, 10:48pm
thanks jan I remember seeing that as well - the winner made them didnt he - will dig back though my bits and pieces from the show I jotted down as I watched it

jan2242, Feb 4, 10:49pm
Great - the above is the only details I noted and will make them one day - they sound so nice.

gerry64, Feb 5, 12:10am
especially as prawns are on special this week at both major supermarkets over here -

uli, Feb 5, 4:38am
Mmmmhh - lovely Vanmei prawns from China or Vietnam :)

davidt4, Feb 5, 5:19am
Actually, the prawns on special at New World a few days ago were Australian king prawns and very nice too.About $21 per kg.

uli, Feb 5, 5:27am
I have Australian Bananas for tonight (Countdown)- and HUGE they are too :)

But I won't chop them into a mush to wrap around boiled eggs - I was rather thinking of a lime/chilli/garlic prawn fry-up ... or similar.

gerry64, Mar 25, 6:41pm
I am in Ozzie and both the bananas and local prawns are very nice -