Mulled wine

jaydan1, Feb 4, 6:00am
Just looking for some yummy recipes please. I have got a horrible head cold and bought a cheap bottle of mulled wine from the supermarket. It's not bad, it's certainly given me a warm glow and I can see myself snoring in a couple of hours. But homemade is always best.

daisy86, Feb 13, 2:29am
I hope you are over your head cold by now but here's something ready for next time:

Mulled Red Wine

750ml bottle red wine
5 oz ruby port
3 oz brandy
3 oz triple sec curacao
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cloves, 4 all spice berries, 1 bay leaf
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Slowly heat all the ingredients on a very low heat.Bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.Take off the heat and allow to stand for 15 minutes then serve (I use coffee mugs).Garnish with slices of oranges or lemons.

Gluhwein
4 1/2 cups of red wine
4 oz brandy
1 oz dark rum
5 oz brown sugar
1 lemon - cut into six slices
18 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick

Spike each lemon slice with 3 cloves.Slowly heat all the ingredients to simmering point.Allow to stand for 20 mintues, bring back to the simmer and serve.

Who says warm beer is bad.....

Ale Mull

4 1/2 cups of ale
5 oz of brandy
5 oz medium dry sherry
1 cup wter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 lemon sliced
1 cinnamon stick, 6 cloves
pinch of nutmeg and ground ginger

Put the sugar, water, lemon and spices into a pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar disolves.Bring nearly to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes before adding the other ingredients.Do not allow to boil.Serve

Don't worry too much if you don't have all the ingredients to hand.I use Cointreau instead of Triple Sec.

jaydan1, May 3, 7:21am
Thanks for the fantastic recipes, they sound great. Was just about to start a new thread asking for a recipe. Lucky I did a search first as I came across an old one I started Months ago (didn't even remember I had). Must have been some Head Cold I had lol. I really love Mulled wine on a cold Winters night, cozzied up with a roaring hot fire. When I can get some $$ together, I will certainly be making some. So, any other Winter Warmer Recipes would be greatly appreciated.

jaydan1, May 4, 7:21am
Thanks for the fantastic recipes, they sound great. Was just about to start a new thread asking for a recipe. Lucky I did a search first as I came across an old one I started Months ago (didn't even remember I had). Must have been some Head Cold I had lol. I really love Mulled wine on a cold Winters night, cozzied up with a roaring hot fire. When I can get some $$ together, I will certainly be making some. So, any other Winter Warmer Recipes would be greatly appreciated.

jaydan1, Feb 4, 6:00am
Just looking for some yummy recipes please. I have got a horrible head cold and bought a cheap bottle of mulled wine from the supermarket. It's not bad, it's certainly given me a warm glow and I can see myself snoring in a couple of hours. But homemade is always best.

daisy86, Feb 13, 2:29am
I hope you are over your head cold by now but here's something ready for next time:

Mulled Red Wine

750ml bottle red wine
5 oz ruby port
3 oz brandy
3 oz triple sec curacao
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cloves, 4 all spice berries, 1 bay leaf
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

Slowly heat all the ingredients on a very low heat.Bring to a simmer but do not allow to boil.Take off the heat and allow to stand for 15 minutes then serve (I use coffee mugs).Garnish with slices of oranges or lemons.

Gluhwein
4 1/2 cups of red wine
4 oz brandy
1 oz dark rum
5 oz brown sugar
1 lemon - cut into six slices
18 cloves, 1 cinnamon stick

Spike each lemon slice with 3 cloves.Slowly heat all the ingredients to simmering point.Allow to stand for 20 mintues, bring back to the simmer and serve.

Who says warm beer is bad.

Ale Mull

4 1/2 cups of ale
5 oz of brandy
5 oz medium dry sherry
1 cup wter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 lemon sliced
1 cinnamon stick, 6 cloves
pinch of nutmeg and ground ginger

Put the sugar, water, lemon and spices into a pan over a medium heat and stir until the sugar disolves.Bring nearly to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes before adding the other ingredients.Do not allow to boil.Serve

Don't worry too much if you don't have all the ingredients to hand.I use Cointreau instead of Triple Sec.