Microwave seetcorn

nofrills2, Feb 1, 9:37pm
how long do you cook for and whats the best way to do it,do you leave the husks on??-thanks

motorbo, Feb 1, 9:40pm
i leave my husks on and zapp for around 6 mins, but someone said on here they other day 2mins, i dont think it would be cooked by then

bengals, Feb 1, 10:17pm
leave husks on and zap for 2 minutes on high for one cob.

nofrills2, Feb 1, 10:18pm
OOPS should read sweetcorn

bengals, Feb 1, 10:21pm
no I just biff them in as they are - ie leave husks on as the cover.
I never boil mine now - too lazy :-)

gerry64, Feb 2, 12:43am
I put them in steam fresh bags -with the tiniest bit of water without the husks - yum

dbab, Feb 2, 1:38am
I'm with bengals. Put them in whole, but be careful when you take them out as the inside will be very hot.
I only ever cook 1 cob on high for 1 1/2- 2 mins.

sarahj1, Feb 3, 1:23am
Just heard Alison Holst on the radio today saying put them in a plastic bag, still with husks on, with 1 tabsp water and microwave about 6 mins or "until you can smell corn"

susieq9, Feb 3, 1:28am
I take about half of the husks off, then cook for 3 minutes on high. No bag, no water. Mouth watering.

retired, Feb 3, 2:06am
I pull off all the 'hair', wrap the husk back and cook in microwave for 3 minutes.

harrislucinda, Feb 3, 3:36am
my frozen1,sare10minifany onehasthemfrozen

marlin9, Feb 3, 3:38am
The time will all depend on how powerful your microwave is.

nauru, Feb 3, 5:05am
Leave husks on and mic 2-3 mins on high for fresh and 4-5 mins on high for frozen.

lis-nick, Feb 3, 5:07am
Can you freeze corn cobs with the husks on??? If so, then I'll be stocking up as they're so cheap at the moment!

nauru, Mar 23, 7:17am
Yes you can, I do it every year.Just trim up top & bottom and remove a few of the outer husks.I wrap in foil & freeze, just remove from freezer and mic 4-5 mins each