frozen kumera chips

arthurdent2, Mar 6, 5:56am
I made a big bag of these today and put them in the freezer. I have to travel with them, by public transport, later this week to an event where I will cook them and am wondering how long they can be out of the freezer?

arthurdent2, Mar 6, 8:14am
Has anyone got any ideas about this?

lisa7, Mar 6, 8:16am
I would put them in a chilli bin full of ice.

arthurdent2, Mar 6, 9:45am
Yes, that's a good idea except that I'm travelling by public transport. I wonder how long it would take before they spoil after coming out of the freezer?

verrans, Mar 6, 12:28pm
LOL I think Lisa means take the chilly bin on the bus. I carry up to 35kilos of groceries home on the bus in bags. Some people take suitcases on the bus when they are travelling to the city to catch the airport bus. Can't be any bigger than some of those baby buggies that clog up the aisles can it?

jesusisalive, Mar 6, 8:59pm
they are only kumera - few hours should be OK shouldnt it? but I would put them in a chilly bin - or get someone to pick you up :-)

arthurdent2, Oct 6, 10:58pm
I'm on crutches so it would be a challenge! Will have things in a backpack. What I'm trying to find out is how long the chips will last out of the freezer before baking them -maybe it won't work out. But I will experiment with them to be on the safe side.