Sausage recipes

jc_cw, Feb 1, 12:34am
Can I please have all of your sausage recipies?? In particular one with potatoes..I have no rice, cheese, eggs, bacon or anything really..
I do have sausages, potatoes, canned tomatoes, pasta sauce, kumara, carrots and a bit of pumpkin..some mince and maybe some beef stock..help please trying to sort out dinner to feed 2 huge men, me and a 4yr old, with a VERY empty pantry

245sam, Feb 1, 1:19am
jc_cw, my first thought was devilled sausages but then I note that you have some mince so maybe meat loaf or meat balls - do you have any onions or garlic? apple?

Try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using sausage as the Keyword and Anytime as the Date posted option.I'm sure that with what you have to hand you should be able to make a delicious and filling meal for the 4 of you.:-))

lythande1, Feb 1, 1:28am
Cook a bit and slice sausages.
Boil and mash potatoes.
Layer a casserole with Onion, sausage and tomato. Keep layering. Top with mash and bake till potato is golden.

jc_cw, Feb 1, 1:33am
thanks, i have been searching on here for about an hour I just cant find one that takes my fancy..I remember one from a while ago with sliced potato and some casseroley things and you put the sausages on top and baked it but i cant find it again

winnie231, Feb 1, 1:48am
Stuffed /filled sausages with mini roasties ...

Mini Roasties

Preheat oven to 220C (200C if fan oven)
Use a mix of any or all of the following: potatoes, kumara, pumpkin, carrots, parsnips, onions ... peel if you want but I prefer leaving the skin on & just scrubbing (except for the onions).
Cut into small chunks (2-3cm?) & place in a large bowl. Pour a little oil (just enough to coat all the pieces) over and toss to coat. Then sprinkle over salt, freshly ground pepper, garlic granules & oregano (or a seasoning mix from the shop that sounds yum to you). Toss again and spread out in a roasting dish lined with baking paper. Bake for 30-40 mins or until cooked & golden. Give a shake/stir 1/2 way through.

jc_cw, Feb 1, 2:05am
winnie that sounds bloody nice!!! just need to figure out what to stuff the sausies with

winnie231, Feb 1, 2:17am
You're welcome!
As for the stuffed sausages - some people use mashed spud. I do mine this way ...
using raw sausages - cut them open lengthways then use the back of a teaspoon dipped in cold water to press them open so they look like little canoes.
Fill them with very finely chopped onion, tom sauce & cheese, place them side-by-side in an oven dish with a little water (so their bums don't stick) and bake in a preheated oven (180-200C) for 30mins or until cooked.
I know you don't have cheese - do you have breadcrumbs? You could top with those instead. Or use a relish instead of my mixture.
Hope this helps!

jc_cw, Feb 1, 2:21am
yummy, thanks winnie, pretty sure we've got breadcrumbs, do you think making a white sauce, maybe with onions in it would be ok for replacing the cheese?

winnie231, Feb 1, 2:27am
Yes - I'd give it a go! You'll only need a little bit of sauce but I think it's a nice idea. Please post back how your dinner turns out.

jc_cw, Feb 1, 2:30am
I will, thanks so much for your help, DF will be very pleased lol

jc_cw, Feb 1, 6:23am
Dinner was beautiful winnie, i made a sort of sauce out of tomato pasta sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and chilli sauce and poured it all over the sausages, and i actually found a random scrap of cheese so grated that over the top too and baked them.yummy!!

winnie231, Feb 1, 3:52pm
You are so very welcome! I'm pleased I could help you :)
Did you try the mini roasties too? I hardly bother with 'proper' roast veges anymore ... the mini version cook so quickly, crisp up nicely & always gain me compliments ... which no cook is adverse to lol!

jc_cw, Mar 16, 4:12pm
yep the roasties were great, a hit with DF and our flattie