Recipe for potato bake with onion soup mix please?

trademeandme, Jan 28, 6:54am
Trying to aim for one without cheese if someone has a simple dish that you slice the potatoes finely and add the onion soup mix and maybe onions, but I'm not sure what else to put in, but don't want it cheesy thanks.

jessie981, Jan 28, 7:08am
Recipies on l/h message board. Where is says keyword put potato bake then date posted - anytime.

trademeandme, Jan 28, 7:24am
thanks jessie

pixiegirl, Jan 28, 9:10pm
Cream is what else you put in it - can use a little bit of milk in it instead - added to the cream but cream is best.I have always used the maggi french onion soup for this although dont cook it very oftern these days.Also cook it at a lower temp in the oven and for longer that way the cream doesn't seem to split.Hope that helps.

whitehead., Jan 28, 9:16pm
if you toss your spub and onion in boiling water for just the time it takes for the water to come back to the boil then drain and steam dry it will cook better ,it also brings out the flavour really well

mkbooks, Jan 29, 12:20am
Don't use a mix-layer thin-sliced peeled potatoes in greased dish,put layer sliced onions, then grated cheese,pepper/salt, 1-2 tbsp flour. Fill the dish, ending with cheese layer, pour milk into side of dish to fill, put into a roasting dish + have water up to about 2/3 sides of casserole.Bake at 150*C for about 1 1/4 hours.

crsdbl, Jan 29, 9:12am
i would just wing it and mix the onion soup mix with 1- 1&1/2cups of milk, pour over sliced layered potato and either bake for 40 odd mins or microwave for 15.

jorjiasmum, Jan 29, 9:52pm
The recipe I used to use for potato bake with a soup mix is cook 1 cup of water with the pkt of soup mix until thick, then take off the heat and add half a cup of milk. Then pour over your potato. Sometimes I would layer with onion and bacon or veges depending on what flavour soup mix I used. A bit of grated cheese on the top if you like, then bake at 180 for about 45 mins-1 hour

ferita, Jan 29, 9:57pm
mix onion soup mix through some cream and pour over sliced poataoes and bake...

graham1972, Jan 31, 7:43am
The recipe for potatoes and cream is 300ml of cream and 1 packet of onions soup mix and pour over sliced potatoes (raw)and put in oven 180oc for about one hours until potatoes are cooked can double recipe as well

nzhel, Jan 31, 8:12am
I've done this sort of recipe for several hours in a crockpot and it turns out beautifully.

smileeah, Mar 13, 5:08pm
I add the soup and cream to cooked cubed potatoes, top with grated cheese and cook until bubbling hot. The boys here all love it.