Ginger muffins - Robyn Martin

calista, Jan 27, 8:10pm
Some time ago I made these lovely muffins which contain both ground and crystallised ginger, but now I can't find the recipe.They are in RM's "Marvellous Muffins" book.(I know Alison Holst wrote a book of the same name, but it was definitely RM's one).

I have tried the search function to no avail so would appreciate anyone posting the recipe please.

I am also wi;;ing to buy the book if anyone has it.

Thanks in anticipation.

245sam, Jan 27, 8:39pm
calista, I have some of Robyn Martin's books, one of which I think is that book so I'll have a look for the recipe and post it if it's there but in the meantime have a look at Listing #: 349316022.:-))

245sam, Jan 27, 9:10pm
and Listing #: 349121939.:-))

kaddiew, Jan 27, 11:34pm
And I have a book called " More Marvellous Muffins" by Shirley Bradstock (NZ). Popular name it seems.

calista, Jan 28, 3:14am
Kaddiew - Alison Holst also wrote another book with that name too.

Thanks Sam. Did a "buy now"on the cheaper one.I'll probably find mine now.

elliehen, Jan 28, 6:47am
calista, when it arives, could you please post the recipe?Ginger twice over appeals to me ;)

rarogal, Jan 29, 1:36am
You sound like me....have you tried the Kapiti Ginger Icecream?Crumbed gingernuts and Crystalised Ginger - divine!

elliehen, Jan 29, 4:31am
We're out there;)...will definitely hunt it out in the supermarket next week.

I did try a Tip Top Limited Edition some time ago - had a perky Gingerbread Man on the front - but it tasted a bit 'imitation'.

Thanks!

elliehen, Jan 29, 4:41am
This is a 'Double Ginger' recipe I have made.It makes a nice soft and tender ginger loaf.

245sam, Jan 29, 11:15am
And here is another "Double Ginger" recipe, this one from the 'Muffin Bible' - personally untried so no promises as to the end results.

GINGER MUFFINS
1 cup milk
50g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup oat bran
½ cup sugar
2 tbsp chopped crystallized ginger
1 tsp ground ginger
1 cup flour
½ cup rolled oats
½ tsp salt

Heat the milk, butter and golden syrup until butter melts.Add the baking soda and egg.
In a bowl, mix the oat bran, sugar, crystallized and ground ginger, flour, rolled oats and salt.Add the milk mixture and mix until only just combined.Three-quarters fill greased standard-sized muffin pans.
Bake at200°Cfor10-15 minutes.:-))

elliehen, Jan 30, 1:56am
Thanks 245sam.If anyone else has any 'Double Ginger' recipes, please add them.

The ginger fix is a bit like the chilli fix - you start to need more of it to make an impact ;)

seniorbones, Jan 30, 3:58am
I go past everyday and cant help but diverting to get myself an icecream..the lemon meringue pie and raspberry with whiTe cocolate is devine too, my granddaughter loves the chocolate caramel hazelnut - no wonder she loves to visit!

calista, Feb 5, 9:24am
RM's "Marvellous Muffins" arrivedtoday neatly packaged and in good condition (good trader).

The recipe is actually "Date and Ginger Muffins" but I don't like dates so added an extra cup of crystallised ginger instead.

2 1/2 cups of flour, 5 tsp baking powder, 2tsp ground ginger, 1/2 cup soft brown sugar, 75g butter, 2 eggs, 1 1/2cups milk, 1 cup chopped dates, 1 cup crystallised ginger (I left out the dates and put in 2 cups of chopped cryst ginger - (it was 2 packets of tasti).

Sift flour, b powder,and gr ginger into a bowl.Mix in brown sugar.Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Melt butter. Lightly beat eggs and add to milk.Add (dates) ginger, butter, eggs and milk to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.Three quarters fillgreased muffin pans with the mixture.Bake at 190c for 10 to 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.

With 2 eggs and 2 packets of ginger these are definitely not the cheapest muffins I make, but they are yummy.

245sam, 2 days, 12 hours
calista, I'm pleased that you have your 'new' copy of Robyn's book but it's a pity that you hadn't remembered/known that "The recipe is actually Date and Ginger Muffins" as I do have that recipe from DD's book and could have posted it for you, but thanks for the 'heads up' on that recipe - I am very fond of dates but more fond of ginger so when I feel the need for a real ginger fix I must try your version of the muffins.:-))