Pak n Save Christmas Club

Page 1 / 2
toadfish, Jan 24, 6:46pm
Hi everyone.

I did this last year and it was fantastic, so wanted to share itto make sure everybody knew it was around.

https://www.paknsavechristmas.co.nz/faqs

I did a momentus shop on Dec 10th and to be honest except for fresh fruit and veg I still haven't done a large family shop and its 25th Jan!

In the shop we brought 4 neighbours and 2 family members Christmas Hampers (Wine, Choccies, crackers, cheese etc).We brought at least 3 of things we would normally use, plus treats we would like over Christmas.

We put in $50 per month & received $27 of bonus's, very painless as being an AP I just added it into the budget and it went out regularly.I found if I had to buy stickers, I would forget or was in a hurry... this way is so simple

Every week from the 10th Decemeber I have been able to use the money normally for groceries for presents & all those extras that happen at Christmas time.

Just wanted to make sure everyone else knew it was available... and nows a great time of year to start it.... Anybody else do it.

Have a great day
JB

beebs, Jan 24, 8:12pm
i agree, i only did $10 and that was still a nice biiiigggg shop

charlieb2, Jan 24, 8:28pm
Totally agree with you Toadie.PaknSave down here only started the AP system last year.... So I was 'in'.It was fantastic.....I ended up still having $30odd left on my card which will go towards next year.Kept the AP's going through Christmas, so am already ahead of last years savings.

tigra, Jan 24, 8:28pm
Here's a thought especially if you are putting in $50 a month. Over the year you are giving them $600. But when you spend that $600 at Xmas time do you get the same amount of groceries for your $600 as you would have at the beginning of the year? With the rate of food inflation its extremely unlikely. While its an easy save (tho $50 a month I would have problems)is it worthwhile. or would you be better putting it in the bank?

toadfish, Jan 24, 8:46pm
I am sure inflation wouln't have made that much difference.
Don't forget I got $27 bonus so would have coverd some of it, plus I didn't have $600 in it all year, $50 the first $100 the second and so on..... I don't think the bank would have returned any better in fact with interest rates being so low and then taxed probably worse.... And this way I can only spend it on stocking up on groceries... And somethings were on such a good special I brought heaps (Ie our shampoo/conditioner was on special and I brought 5 of each) I loved it.

darlingmole, Jan 24, 9:23pm
Hi toady~!Yep, I started one last year then my husband took over grocery shopping and never put a cent on the card so I only had $200 - BUT!it was a welcome $200 that bought the turkey ($65) and the luxury nibbles and chocolates and wine too (naughty but so lovely to splurge at Christmas).I have $40 on my new card now, will put on $10 every week so I've got $500 by mid December plus their bonuses.The best part is you don't notice it and suddenly you got all this extra dosh to spend as you like PLUS your regular shopping money.Good on you for sharing the site for others who might not have thought of doing this savings scheme before

lyl_guy, Jan 24, 9:28pm
I have one, truly great!Already have $60 on it for this year, lol.... I'm getting organised!
Was the first time I'd ever shocked a checkout lady.... when I asked to put $20 on it, on the 1st January!

timetable, Jan 24, 9:45pm
hi all.. we only have new world and countdown here in gore - p n' s is in ingill so by the time i take on board petrol and time to travel betta to just shop here....
we do $10 ea pr fortnight at countdown, new world and warehouse and have found it such a blessing - like toad we have yet to do a big shop and now have ourselves sussed for stock up into winter.... we are really only buying what is on special and fruit, veg and dairy that we don't produce ourselves... meat etc we are looking at through etiher the butcher or meat export warehouse and we are blessed with 2 pigs per year so that helps heaps... take care all and rock on christmas stock up!!

crystalmoon, Jan 25, 1:28am
Yip we do one too,so handy at Xmas time,also did a second one and used for grandsons birthday food,which was in the NY,so all food and nibbles were covered.At least this way you get what you want when you want it.I usually just add it to card when I do the shopping.sometimes 20,40 or 50 depending on what other bills I had that pay.Ended up with nearly 400 this Xmas.Happy saving everyone.

crystalmoon, Jan 25, 1:31am
PS and dont forget to register your card,I didnt register mine till Aug,after I thought I had lost my wallet,wasnt too worried as it had no money in it,but was shattered when I remebered the P&S card which had about 280 at that stage,so make sure you register your card and if it gets lost your safe.Thankfully it turned up tucked behind something in a suitcase.I was so happy/

gerry64, Jan 25, 2:15am
tigra - when I was in NZ I thought about just puting it in the bank but when xmas came along Pak n save organised so many suppliers specials and had a night for their xmas club people I ended up way in front of what I could have earned at the bank and I was sure as hell better off than my friend you had got sucked in by Chrisscos

gardie, Jan 25, 2:34am
Wish we had a pak n save closer too but I've started the AP with New World this year.I've done it in the past but always forgot to buy the stamps.Love the automatic payment system(But love my Chrisco too although getting a lot less this year).

dorothy_vdh, Jan 25, 2:54am
I too have a weekly ap of $10,at pac n sav.Its fantastic,as I never remembered to buy coupons

rubyjane11, Jan 25, 2:58am
pac n sav ap also here!

montah_tree, Jan 25, 7:31am
For the last 3 years I too have enjoyed the convenience of Pak n Saves christmas club.I also changed my xmas gifts for friends and family, e.g. - chocolates, wine and beers, fresh bunches of flowers, coffee plungers, mugs with various coffees, fresh fruit baskets, toiletries, healtheries hampers, manchester, baking bits n pieces, dvds, gifts, cheese platters and christmas decorations, cards and wrapping paper.So many things to choose from but this is just a few ideas I have done over the last 2 years.

Thanks for sharing

nadineb, Jan 25, 8:10am
I did Pak n Save and New Word and The Warehouse Xmas clubs they are all great at Xmas time but with Pak N Save and New World they earlier you start saving the more you get back from them at Xmas time as you progress though the year the less you get back interest wise but I still got a bit back and its good as well as you can use the same card every year as wel

seniorbones, Jan 25, 8:34am
I dont do an ap I just load my card with $50 each month, I have had one for the last 3 years and its fantastic, I still have not done a 'normal' shop yet I just bought double of just about every pantry basic item. I did the sums too and with the discount at the beg of the year I think it works out to around 5% which is about the same as a bank would pay on an everyday acct, BUT I always miss the specials week!! the first year I got a letter then last year and this year it was just instore so I wasnt happy, will have to be more vigilant this year.

toadfish, Jan 25, 8:41am
Its the AP aspect that really appeals to me... takes it completly out of my hands and feels like free groceries at the end of the year.

People have mentioned other Christmas Clubs ie Warehouse and New World.Are these AP's or are you paying over the counter?

timetable, Jan 25, 8:59am
new world you can do by internet banking, dd, or over the counter and warehouse i just do each fortnight... i think that you can do dd or ap as well - check it out its brill... we use our warehouse one for buying the kids birthday presents for the following year and any specials etc that we can put aside for christmas presents for the following year - especially our english rellies...

alewis, Jan 25, 9:11am
if I did it I would choose to pay at the counter with my credit card, I am one of those that puts as much as Ican on my credit card and then pay it off every month so I NEVER have any outstanding amounts, my ASB credit card then gives me true rewards dollars and what I tend to do is use these as grocery vouchers as you always buy food, instead of a whitcoulls or purse etc, I can get those on special at a great price elsewere, - and use my credit card again hence more true reward dollars!!I also love whitcoulls rewards it comes around very often that $5 - its an additional 5% off and when you are buying stuff at 70% off which I was the other day its even sweeter. its not how much money you spend its how you spend it. does seam a good deal what you are talking about toady and not everyone can trust themselves with credit cards!!

stokespa, Jan 25, 9:31am
I don't have an AP but each week I challenge myself to spend less than the budgeted amount of $200.Whatever extra goes on the card (ie a $175 shop means $25 on the card).On Dec 1 I had $1,145 !!.Have JUST finished using it up.Certainly helped having that extra $$ over Xmas.

toadfish, Jan 28, 6:42pm
Just received this from Pak n Save

Good Afternoon,

We would like to wish all our valued PAK'nSAVE Christmas Club customers a happy and prosperous new year, and to thank you all for your support of the Christmas Club program in 2010.

We thought as a new year begins it might be a good opportunity to give our customers a few tips that may be helpful in planning ahead to Christmas 2011:

We can set up a Direct Debit for you, call us on 0800 725 672
Start saving early to maximise your bonus eligibility, remember a little each week soon mounts up
Make internet payments online or set up an automatic payment with your bank, call us on 0800 725 672 to obtain our bank account details
You can confirm your balance by either calling us on 0800 Pak’nSave (0800 725 672) or check it online at http://www.paknsavechristmas.co.nz
Yourbonus will be credited to your card on 1st December 2011
If you do use your card before the 1st December 2011 (Bonus payment date) you will lose the bonus on the amount you have used in store

We are very excited about the PAK'nSAVE Christmas Club and the bonus' we offer, and know you will want to spread the word with your family and friends so they too will share in the benefits the Christmas Club has to offer.

Happy saving and remember you can call us on 0800 725 672 if you have any questions or need any help. You can also email us on christmas@paknsavechristmas.co-
.nz

Thank you for being part of the PAK’nSAVE Christmas Club.

Warm regards
The Christmas Club Team

toadfish, Jan 28, 6:43pm
and interestingly... this was tagged to the bottom, so the same organisation must do both.

Good Morning,

We would like to wish all our valued NEW WORLD Christmas Club customers a happy and prosperous new year, and to thank you all for your support of the Christmas Club program in 2010.

We thought as a new year begins it might be a good opportunity to give our customers a few tips that may be helpful in planning ahead to Christmas 2011:

We can set up a Direct Debit for you, call us on 0800639 967
Start saving early to maximise your bonus eligibilty, remember a little each week soon mounts up
Make internet payments online or set up an automatic payment with your bank,call us on 0800 639 967 to obtain our bank account details
You can confirm your balance by either calling us on 0800 New World (0800 639 967) or check it online at http://www.newworldchristmas.co.nz
Your bonus will be credited to your card on 1st December 2011
If you do use your card before the 1st December 2011(Bonus payment date) you will lose the bonus on the amount you have used in store

We are so excited about the NEW WORLD Christmas Club and the bonus' we offer, and know you will want to spread the word with your family and friends so they too will share in the benefits the Christmas Club has to offer.

Happy saving and remember you can call us on 0800 639 967 if you have any questions or need any help. You can also email us on christmas@newworldchristmas.co-
.nz

Thank you for being part of the NEW WORLD Christmas Club

Warm regards
The Christmas Club Team

lythande1, Jan 28, 6:45pm
I spent $100 on 22nd Dec and haven't done a shop since.

fastlanenz, Jan 28, 7:29pm
Toady, PnS and N.World are owned by the same co (NZ owned, as opposed to the Australian co who owns Countdown, Foodtown, Woolies)