Low carb

Page 1 / 2
earthangel4, Sep 30, 6:33pm
I have tried every diet thats going,just to put weight back on again,except for low carb.
Yes you are right it is the best diet for me.
Of late I have done heaps of research,and was so worried about my health.
I have been on the low carb for 6 weeks now and feel so good.
What I want to know now is about caffeine,is it ok to drink while low carbing and does it interfare with weight loss.
I have read it increases, cravings for sugar.
I am free of sugar and bread now,it was hard but I did it.
Thankyou in advance

accroul, Sep 30, 6:38pm
I never found that I craved sugar when I was drinking coffee. I still drink normal tea without a problem. You could try it and see how it affects you. If it does, you could switch to decaff or abstain.

earthangel4, Sep 30, 6:48pm
accroul Thanks so much,I love my morning and afternoon caffeine fix with cream, I have just started drinking it again,surely it will be ok

bedazzledjewels, Sep 30, 7:07pm
Hi Earthangel Glad things are looking up for you. How about starting to have 50/50 decaf with normal coffee and slowly increase the amount of decaf until you're completely caffeine-free?

kirinesha, Sep 30, 7:12pm
Earthangel, you constantly confuse me! Last time I asked you had given up LC as your doctor told you that your body couldn't handle the fat intake necessary to LC. Why the change around yet again - just curious:)

earthangel4, Sep 30, 7:51pm
Kirinesha Yes I know,Yes doctor did tell me to go low fat ect,but it didn,t work.
I was waiting for you to post,lol lol.
I have tried many low carbs,and as you dont know I have had breast cancer many years ago,and had 2 breast removed,and was so scared of fats,got really depressed about it.
I have been doing alot of reading,and I have to say you are right,its not good for my body to keep changing,I have been really upset about the whole thing.
I got down to 55kgs on low fat and yes put it all back on.
I would love to come back to low carb thread,but am scared of getting stumped on.
I dont blame them as I am on again and off again.
But this time I have been low carbing for 6 weeks now and have to say I feel good,and weight is coming off again.
I have also been reading up on coconut oil for my health as doctor said no fats,its bad for ibs,chrohns,celiac,ect.
i am so confused,and ahve bad depression.
Please help

lil_miss_haley, Sep 30, 7:51pm
I agree with the 50/50 decaf Then wean yourself off the caffine.I gave it up about 6 months ago and find I sleep better now and Im not so tired all the time, but I still have a cup of decaf most days cos I love my coffee

kirinesha, Sep 30, 7:56pm
Earthangel You are always welcome in the LC thread. I'm sure I'm not alone in being a bit confused by what you've been doing (and thanks for taking the time to explain, you've hada really rough run!) but we are still here to support you in your choices and help when we can. Come on over.... :)

cloudberry, Oct 1, 12:03am
My 2cents worth Is that if you like your coffee a little caffeine is nothing to worry about on a low carb diet, unless you have some other reason for giving up caffeine. Even the two biggest low carb gurus, namely Mark Sisson and Dr Mike Eades are coffee drinkers. That doesn't mean sugar and milk laden lattes several times a day are all right,though! I'm talking one or two espressos or a flat white.

earthangel4, Oct 1, 12:11am
cloudberry I have 2 coffees a day with cream only,thanks for that,see how I go.

sheyale, Jan 23, 9:30am
I wouldnt change to decaf coffee.Check out the process it goes through.U are literally left with the scrapings of the barrel.There is already too many additives, chemical processes etc in our food. I gave up coffee 6 yrs ago now.I wake up better, not as irritable.Your cravings are just your body trying to tell you it needs what ever you are removing.You notice though if you give up carrots for a month, theres no cravings.So the way I see it is.The product your craving for isnt good for you. Your body likes it & is the equivalent of a 2 yr old throwing a tantie for something theyve just been told no to.

maggie.o, Jan 23, 9:45am
hi i have gone on to decaff i dont gey hungrey love my coffee but found it triggers my hunger iim happy with the weight im losing best diet i have ever been on and can keep to feel great thanks for all the great ideas and helplove this thread helps heaps

gardie, Jan 24, 8:36am
A very interesting way to look at cravings.I am trying so hard to do low carb but really struggle to get away from the sweet cravings.

accroul, Jan 24, 6:55pm
some people can escape those sweet cravings very easily gardie, other's can't so easily. I'm of the second variety.

destiny6nz, Jan 25, 6:55am
the maccona decaf is quite nice i had to give up coffee as the caffeine contributes to increased blood pressure.

uli, Jan 27, 5:15am
bump for earthangel4's newest diet advice.
How did you fare!

elliehen, Jan 27, 5:24am
This thread is so old it's grown whiskers, but please check out the Friends thread if you're really interested.earthangel posts regularly there :)

uli, Jan 27, 5:33am
Nah - keep the "friends" to the friends. I am not going to "interfere" there.
If earthangel wants to post in here to update us that is fine, if not it will die out.

elliehen, Jan 27, 5:38am
The thread title is not catchy enough for her to know she's wanted by you in here and, as you know because you bumped it,the thread is a year old.

I'll post a link for you in Friends, where charlieb2 who began it says everyone is welcome who is prepared to leave personal grievance outside.

uli, Jan 28, 3:09am
And do you all leave "personal grievance" outside!

lythande1, Jan 28, 5:53am
Because, whatever type it is, diets don't work. Why! because it's a temporary thing you eat differently for a while, then go back to normal and get fat again. Whatever you choose to do, it has to be forever. So best to just eat less of everything, eliminate things containing sugar and stay like that.

sheyale, Jan 28, 6:39am
Yes Maconna decaf was nice I tried it myself.Its the chemical process it goes through that makes it not good.
Also I found when I gave up smoking 12 yrs ago, when I craved the cigarette or chocolate to replace the cigarette, I use to say in my mind Im doing (whatever it was at the time ie dishes) & it wasnt denying your need for it, it subconciously appeased your craving as it offered something else instead of it.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 30, 7:07pm
Hi Earthangel Glad things are looking up for you. How about starting to have 50/50 decaf with normal coffee and slowly increase the amount of decaf until you're completely caffeine-free!

kirinesha, Sep 30, 7:12pm
Earthangel, you constantly confuse me! Last time I asked you had given up LC as your doctor told you that your body couldn't handle the fat intake necessary to LC. Why the change around yet again - just curious:)

kirinesha, Sep 30, 7:56pm
Earthangel You are always welcome in the LC thread. I'm sure I'm not alone in being a bit confused by what you've been doing (and thanks for taking the time to explain, you've hada really rough run!) but we are still here to support you in your choices and help when we can. Come on over. :)