Recipe for mini rich choc muffins?

peneve, Jan 23, 12:52am
Does anyone have one?I tried adapting a choc cake recipe that I use but it wasn't successful.Does anyone have one?

antoniab, Jan 23, 1:02am
I have a yummy double choc chip muffin recipe - guess you could just make small ones

antoniab, Jan 23, 1:06am
2 1/2c flour, 4tsp BP, 3Tbsp cocoa, 1tsp cinnamon, 100g cold butter, 1c brown sugar, 250g dark choc bits, 1 1/2c milk, 1 egg, 150g cooking choc.
Sift flour, BP, cocoa & cinnamon in a bowl. Process in butter till looks like bread crumbs, add sugar and choc bits. Beat egg & milk until combined. Add to dry ingredients. Melt cooking choc over hot water then add to muffin mix. Spoon into well greased muffin tins. Bake at 180 for 10-15mins.

mr-and-mrs, Jan 23, 1:52am
I use the food processor choc cake recipe and pop the mix into muffin tins.Recipe to follow

mr-and-mrs, Jan 23, 1:53am
CHOCOLATE CAKE
1 2/3C Self Raising Flour. 1 1/2t Baking Soda. 1 1/2C Sugar. 2/3C Cocoa. 1t Salt. 1 1/2C Milk. 100g Butter (melted). 2 Eggs. 1t Vanilla Essence

Combine all together in food processor til really mixed. (The mix is rather runny)
Its best done in a decent sized greased cake tin.
Bake 180 degrees celcius for 50 minutes.

mr-and-mrs, Jan 23, 1:53am
ICING
100g Butter (melted). 1C Icing Sugar. 1/3C Cocoa. 1t Vanilla Essence. Milk to mix.
Add dry ingredients and butter in processor. Pulse to combine. Add a dash of milk and pulse again. Add more if needed til its thickish, soft and spreadable.

mr-and-mrs, Jan 23, 1:55am
I use the Sun Valley cocoa as it comes out alot more yummy and nice and dark

245sam, Jan 23, 5:43am
peneve, the following are muffins that no chocoholic could refuse but I have never made them as mini muffins, although I know of no reason why they couldn't be down-sized and the cooking time adjusted accordingly - they are sooo yummy and very more-ish whilst being equally as easy to make. The mixture seems to be somewhat forgiving as that usually 'no-no' extra stir doesn't seem to spoil the muffins unlike any other muffin mix that I've tried.

TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
3 cups plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa
1½ cups brown sugar
½ cup each ofdark chocolate dotsandwhite chocolate dots – or chocolate buttons, quartered
120g butter, melted
1¼ cups milkor1 cup natural unsweetened yoghurt+½ cup milk
2 x 60g eggs, lightly beaten

Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 5cm muffin pan.
Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl.Add the brown sugar and dark and white chocolate dots.Mix, then add the melted butter, milk (or yoghurt and milk) and eggs and mix well.Three-quarters fill each of the muffin moulds.
Bake at180°Cforapproximately 20 minutes.Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out.

Hope that helps.:-))

peneve, Feb 23, 8:42am
Thanks sooooo much, I shall get baking !!