Easy puff pastry dessert recipes?

pip31, Jan 21, 5:08am
I have some puff pastry left over and need a quick and easy idea... any dessert ideas?

buzzy110, Jan 21, 5:30am
The mind boggles at this question. What else do you have to go with it - fruit, cream cheese, jam, lemon spread, fresh cream, berries, cans of fruit, frozen fruit, eggs, etc?

What is easy for you? would knocking up a simple creme patisserie be easy or too hard? Would forming your pastry into little tarts and blind baking be considered simple or difficult? Would knocking out a simple, but elegant mille feuille be beyond you or impossible due to lack of ingredients? Or what about filled vol-u-vents? What about custard. Is that easy or hard for you?

In the Woman's Day thread there is a recipe using buttercrunch biscuits. You could just use the flaky pastry, cooked either as tarts in a muffin tin or freehand as small vol-u-vents and fill with the filling given in that thread for the recipe asked.

m0rtleg_gl, Jan 21, 5:34am
This is a really scrumptious apple and blueberry strudel recipe using that I used once. It was my first time making any kind of pastry desert and considering it still tasted great with my lack of cooking skills it is quite remarkable! http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2009/april/apple-and-blueberry-strudel
Ooops sorry it uses filo pastry, forgive my mistake I thought I remembered using puff for it.

buzzy110, Jan 21, 5:45am
Puff would work just as well and you could substitute other fruits for the apple if there are none in the house.

garfeild101, Jan 25, 11:32pm
Yep just use lots of things like mango, apple and strawberry peices with cinnamon and brown sugar sprinkled before closing them up and bake till golden

rainrain1, Jan 26, 6:42pm
roll out, spread half with rasp jam, fold over and bake yourself an easy jam tart.......sliced bananas on top of the jam is nice too

crystalmoon, Jan 26, 10:15pm
my favorite from the local bakery is Napolean slice, baked slices of puff pastry,use 3 slices assemble as follows.Bottom puff spread with raspberry jam and whipped cream,add middle pastry and do the same.For the top pastry spread raspberry flavoured icng on top and place on top of stack.Mmmmmmmm sooooo easy and delish. could use any flavour jam or fruit and change icing to suit.have fun

raewyn64, Mar 3, 1:52am
I roll out the pastry, cut it into squares, add an apple ring to each one just one (or a spoonful of stewed apple) some raisins and cinnamon and bake them. the pastry will puff up around the edges where the apple isn't.Really simple and doesn't need a lot of effort.