Gormet Pizza

Page 1 / 4
coolthree, Sep 12, 1:22am
topping reciepes,i'm desperate to impress here....

barloo, Sep 12, 1:29am
feta cheese, asparagus, fancy meats, different sauces, corn and maybe blue cheese if ya like it:)

uli, Sep 12, 1:37am
make a proper Italian pizza - rather than a mix of fridge leftovers on scone dough - and that will be gourmet enough I would think.

245sam, Sep 12, 2:13am
here's my response to you on your earlier thread "3.coolthree, have a look at
http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=569 - and if you're still wanting topping combo' ideas I suggest that you check out the website of any pizza companies that you can think of and you'll find some interesting ideas that way, but obviously not recipes - here's one to get you started:- https://hellpizza.co.nz/ - hope these suggestions help. :-))

245sam (7 )12:58 pm, 12 Sep":-))

uli, Sep 12, 2:16am
wow 245sam you keeping tabs on what you write where?LOL :)

evorotorua, Sep 12, 2:23am
our new dish "torrizza" We use tortilla wraps which are nice and thin as the base. Then topw with homwmade tomato sauce (or store bought) and then broccolli sprouts, geen beans, tomatoes, meat if leftover and some cheese. Bake for about ten minutes and this is wonderful. Much closer to the real Itallian pizza we had in Italy.

beaker59, Sep 12, 2:31am
Thats a tough one because for some people, Gormet is cheese you don't have to unwrap each slice, for others, its mild instead of colby, for others its TASTY, then ya have supermarket name brand, then......... you catch my drift?

coolthree, Sep 12, 2:42am
not really beaker,we make our pizza with fresh pizza cheese.

aly65, Sep 12, 2:43am
Smoked chicken, avocado and feta .. yum, yum, yum...

coolthree, Sep 12, 2:50am
Sounds yum keep them comming

davidt4, Sep 12, 3:10am
The best pizza Make a proper pizza dough with yeast, give it plenty of time to rise and mature.Roll or stretch it very thinly. Use simple high quality ingredients for the topping and not too much or too many.You can't go wrong with homemade tomato sauce (tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, olive oil) plus fresh mozzarella plus anchovies OR black olives OR Italian sausage.Sprinkle a little dried oregano on top.Bake at the highest heat your oven can manage, or use a wood fired pizza oven.

-thecrusher-, Sep 12, 3:10am
yummiest chicken, cranberry sauce and either camembert cheese or brie!

uli, Sep 12, 4:21am
ahhh david - I think this is a lost cause :) alright then lets get into the swing of things: you could use blue vein cheese with chorizo and pinenuts and top it all thickly with this newfangled cheese in a tin. For a base you could use a piece of cardboard or if you want it more fancy then one of those wrapper things from the supermarket (which is also cardboard but is more expensive)

davidt4, Sep 12, 4:33am
Uli You forgot to mention the Chop Chop Chicken in a tin.

coolthree, Sep 12, 4:48am
uli&david yes i was expecting something more never mid i'll pop into borders tomorrow and buy what i need.cheers

natsnaps, Sep 12, 5:20am
There's the old food in a minute recipe i love tin of Butter chicken sauce (i think it is watties, not sure), chicken, hummus, spinach leaves, capiscum.
hummus on the base, then the butter chicken and chicken (also dippsed in butter chicken sause) and then spinach leaves and the capiscum. I also use courgettes. Enjoy!

uli, Sep 12, 5:30am
alright then lets make a proper Italian Pizza then. You can't get more gourmet than this one. Make sure that you make the dough tonight so it will be ready to use tomorrow.

uli, Sep 12, 5:32am
Italian Pizza Dough Flaky, thin or thick crusts are easy with this basic dough recipe. It is easy to make, even by hand
(no mixer), can be made several days ahead of time, and lasts for a whole week in the refrigerator.
1 teasp dry yeast,
3 ½ cups flour,
1 cup very fine semolina flour (#1 durum wheat) - if not available use high grade white flour,
1 ¾ cups warm water (25°C),
2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
1 tablespoon sea salt.

Heat water to 25°C, add yeast and wait 5 minutes to be sure it is activated (foamed).
Add the oil into the yeast water, and mix with a spoon.

uli, Sep 12, 5:32am
In a kitchen mixer with a dough hook, (or by hand) mix the flours and salt for one minute, then
slowly add liquid ingredients over dry ingredients and mix on lowest speed for 10 minutes, until a
single dough ball forms.

Allow dough ball to rest for 20 to 30 minutes in the bowl covered by a damp kitchen towel.

Divide dough into four equal parts, and form into tight dough balls.

Place the dough balls in individual containers each with a lid.
Immediately place dough in the refrigerator and allow to slow proof for at least 12 hours.

Each dough ball yields a 35cm pizza.
Dough can then be used for the next several days.

uli, Sep 12, 5:45am
Now for the toppings: the basic tomato sauce that goes straight onto the dough is made from a tin of peeled tomatoes, a teaspoonful of tomato paste if it is too liquid, a bit of olive oil, chilli and Mediterranean herbs. I use thyme, oregano and basil, but you can also add rosemary if you like. Then you add the toppings depending which pizza you make and then you put the cheese (mozarella) in between the toppings - NOT all over!

uli, Sep 12, 5:46am
This whole episode takes about 3 minutes and you will now bake the whole lot in the hottest oven you can muster. About 300 degrees would be good, but whatever your oven does on the top setting is good. Make sure it is going full blast before you start pulling the dough in shape and adding the toppings. You do NOT want to let the dough rise, otherwise you end up with a thick fat doughey base which is what Americans like (that's why they call pizza the American pie!), but it is not an Italian nor a gourmet pizza then.

uli, Sep 12, 5:47am
Pizza Quattro stagioni is my favourite pizza. For every season you have one ingredient: mushrooms for autumn, mozarella cheese for winter, artichokes for spring and ham for summer.

All pizzas have names so you can google them under P. napoletana, P. Capricciosa, P. Margherita, P. Prosciutto e funghi, P. Marinara, etc etc. - or you can make a Calzone which is a filled pizza.

coolthree, Sep 13, 2:42am
Thanks uli We are a foodie family of sorts,however miss 19 has just shown interest in the kitchen,starting with some successful pizza's,just wanted to arm her with some classy acts,thanks again.

uli, Sep 13, 4:14am
Let us know how you get on :)

cottagerose, Sep 13, 4:21am
mouth watering what yummy pizzas on this thread.
When in Fiji resort had the best Ive ever had, using yogart even but which Id never think to put on pizza