I f you were going to buy a sandwich what filling?

Page 1 / 3
mike731, Nov 24, 11:59pm
would you like in it... Im trying to revamp our lunch bar and bring in some new flavours. . what are you favourites please

pickles7, Nov 25, 12:04am
Thinkin if you have to come to the message boards on trade me, may be time, you moved on. lol.

datoofairy, Nov 25, 12:06am
Chicken and avocado is my favourite sammy.

When my daughter was a lot younger I always wished cafe's would offer just plain old marmite or jam sandwiches. They wouldnt have to be pre-made, it doesnt take long to whip up a plain sandwich for a toddler.

Good luck :o)

red2, Nov 25, 12:07am
vogels bread , chicken , caramelised onions , tomato and lettuce

mike731, Nov 25, 12:07am
I have just moved in. . and just looking for ideas! ! !

datoofairy, Nov 25, 12:08am
Market research is wise business practice, not an indication of how busy a person is or how well a business is doing.

datoofairy, Nov 25, 12:11am
Maybe put a 'Suggest A Sandwich'box on the counter so your customers can tell you what they want. You get some new ideas that way too :o)

seaslug, Nov 25, 12:11am
chicken and cashew nut ... MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm

alebix, Nov 25, 12:25am
I like a simple lettuce, beetroot, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot and cheese, mayo, ham or chicken or roast beef/corned beef on vogels original bread. . yummy... .

darlingmole, Nov 25, 12:43am
I used to go to a "selecta-a-sandwich"-
bar in Queens Arcade years ago and my fav was very basic: tuna fish & mayo with beetroot on good quality brown bread.

I've also noticed that people like crunchy things in their sandwiches like sprouts, lettuce, cucumber and hate 'soggy' sandwiches.

Good like Mike!

jan2242, Nov 25, 12:51am
Used to help a friend who had a lunch bar and his best seller was cream cheese and date.

doug57, Nov 25, 1:22am
Darlingmole. . wonder if that was the one I used to go to? ! ! . . Was that the one that had vogels bread sliced lengthways and you could have hot roast beef sammies loaded with coleslaw, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese etc... yum! :)

rog.e, Nov 25, 1:27am
Doubt this will help but here goes.

For my lunch today:

Two Wholemeal rolls sliced almost through along top and buttered
Avocado (generous overlapping) slices laid along one side
Onetin of baby sardines (King Oscar in olive oil) laid whole along side
Mayonaise along side
Freshly ground black pepper

This was absolutely delicious. I ate two!
V

fisher, Nov 25, 1:35am
Hey mike. . good luck with your venture... some things to try...
cheese and onion toasted rollups. .
curried mashed egg...
has always been a popular. .
french stick cut into 4... make a roast beef . . a chook... and or a pork for sammies but also to put into these buttered french rolls...
beef then raw onion and spoon on a brown gravy... can do pork with apple sauce. . chicken with apricot sauce. . make these as required wrapped in serviette and serve hot. .
sloppy joes go down well...
fry up some onions till nicely browned. . set aside. . fry some mince and brown up till it's near "dry"add a mild chill sauce, the onions and mix all up. . spoon this hot into a buttered BAP bun and a slice or two of tomato on top. . season. . make these as required wrapped in serviette and serve hot. .

fisher, Nov 25, 1:40am
Bread Cases
Cut the crusts off the bread and butter one side. Place in muffin tin and cook in a 180c oven for about 10 mins to go slightly crusty
Fillings:
(a)smoked fish in white parsley sauce
(b)pre fried bacon pieces, a little diced onion, and pour in beaten egg with salt and pepper. Into oven till egg sets
(c)spaghetti and bacon pieces
(d)mashed potatoes with~pan-fried onion baconcapsicum corn mushroom.
(e)mashed kumara with pineapple
(f)savoury mince with peas and carrots

fisher, Nov 25, 1:41am
MousetrapsSprinkle of parmesan cheese if desired
I use Baps split in half but you can use toast bread with two opposite sides cut off.
Grill one side of Bap or bread. Spread a little butter and some marmite/vegemite which ever you prefer. Spread a little watties spaghetti on top.
Sprinkle a few pre-fried bacon bits and then grated tasty cheese. Add some black pepper and place under grill until cheese melts.
Variations:
Use:ham chunks ~ pineapple pieces ~ tomato paste ~ diced tomatoes ~ diced onion ~ diced capsicum ~ tomato relish ~ chutney ~ salami

fisher, Nov 25, 1:42am
Stuffed Sausages
Grill your sausages until golden brown and split them throughthe middle and fold open.
Add mashed potato with squirt of mint sauce while mashing and layer over sausages. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
Layer grated cheese over the top and grill until golden brown.
Variations:
(a)Mashed potato, cheese grated and diced onion.
(b)Mashed potato, cheese grated and tomato slices.
(c)Mashed potato, cheese grated and mashed pineapple pieces.
(d)Mashed potato, cheese grated and pre fried bacon bits
(e)Mashed potato, cheese grated and watties spaghetti
(f)Mashed potato, cheese grated and pickle / piccalilli or chutney

fisher, Nov 25, 1:43am
Bacon, Cheese and Onion Croquettes
2 cups fresh soft breadcrumbs2 spring onions1 cup grated cheese3 rashers bacon1/2 tsp saltpepper1 cup dried breadcrumbs1 egg1 tbsp water
Add sliced spring onions to soft crumbs, add cheese. Mix in diced bacon and season. Leave in fridge to cool . Shape as required.
Beat egg and water, dip in croquettes then roll in dry crumbs. Place in fridge to help set and then fry in butter/oil.

fisher, Nov 25, 1:44am
Bacon and Egg Yorkies
Precook some bacon rashes and chop into piecesIn a bowl, make an egg mix with salt, pepper, grated cheese and diced onion and mix well.
Add the bacon pieces
Now make some Yorkshire puddings in muffin tins.
Once the yorkies are cooked and risen, poor some of the mix inside and place back in oven till the egg mix cooks and sets

tarshlove, Nov 25, 1:52am
I like mine with lettuce, tomato, red onion, beetroot, cheese (not processed slices) and meat on brown wholegrain bread. I don't like sauces or mayo.

skata, Nov 25, 1:57am
I like sandwiches where you can pick your own fillings, I used to work in a lunch bar and they were so popular, we had big long slices of vogels (or you could have half one if you wanted), and people had a lot of different fillings to choose from.

maxwell.inc, Nov 25, 2:07am
thats the beauty of it. . pick your own

what I hate most when buying things such as sammys is having to pull them apart and pull out all the things I either cant or wont eat, then I am left with this stuff I paid for but cant eat, it would never had even made it in to my sammy if I had chosen my own fillings lol.

How about low carb alternatives (breads pretty harsh on the human body)

twinsforus, Nov 25, 2:42am
Chicken, mayo, red onion and avocado! ! ! !
If you do salad rolls, my suggestion there is have some on offer that don't have the sliced boiled egg on top! ! I hate having to pull it out of my roll and it always leaves its bits behind... ick.

indy95, Nov 25, 2:46am
One of my favourites is a salad sandwich with every salad vegetable you can think of plus a little vinaigrette or very good mayo. The other is almost anything which includes smoked salmon. As a previous poster said crunch in a sandwich is also essential.

smchkn, Nov 25, 2:56am
Beetroot, egg, lettuce, carrot, pineapple, bacon, onion, tiny bit of mayo, tomato... ... ... ... . yum